IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why C++ is taught first?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by M.Kaleem Nisar, Jan 2, 2018.

1. M.Kaleem Nisar

M.Kaleem Nisar New Member

C and C++ are the basis languages.C++ is a general-purpose programming language. It has imperative, object-oriented and generic programming features, while also providing facilities for low-level memory manipulation.In C++ all pointers, function overloading and inheritance etc exists so the beginning through this level is good enough.

2. Claraviolet

Claraviolet New Member

The first programming language that I have learned is 'C'. I was pursuing a degree in Electronics at that time but after learning such a beautiful language, I have changed my stream to computers. Now, I am a developer in a reputed software company. I love programming languages and python is my favorite, so far.

'C' and C++, as they are basic languages, they are taught to everyone, at first. Honestly, I believe C++ is very similar to JAVA and once you get the concept like object oriented programming, you will be able to code in any language, if you learn the correct syntax. I liked EJB's and other concepts too. Now, I work in a different stream because of my company requirements.

3. Quratulain_Sajid

Quratulain_Sajid New Member

This language is taught first because its the basic language for programming, Its the first step toward programming basics.

4. rhythm87

rhythm87 New Member

Most colleges and universities teach C++ as the first programming language. I studied engineering and it was also our first programming language. There have been discussions that this should be updated, but most schools retained their curriculum and maintain C++ subject or training as the first programming language. There are a number of reasons, but I will summarize it into three.

First, learning C++ enables us to be conscious of memory management. There are a handful of C++ memory allocation topics such as the stack, using “new” keyword etc. Second, we are conscious of compiler. C++ provides basic interface to distinguish compile time from run time, and make optimizations as needed. Lastly, based on the two reasons mentioned, this language encourages developers to be more mindful of declaring data types. In addition to that, learning C++ too as the basic language or programming foundation, is also helpful if one wants to transition to other languages such as C#, Java etc.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019