IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

why do people celebrate christmas

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by princecharles, Dec 22, 2016.

1. princecharles

princecharles New Member

As I have read the bible and about the birth of Jesus,its not stated that Jesus was born on 25th. Now why do people celebrate this 25th DEC
    what's the true meaning of this date?

2. Eliot

Eliot New Member

Yes, It might be true that the Jewish Calendar differs from our calendar, but it doesn't matter what date he was born on. It was when He was born and brought salvation to the world.

princecharles likes this.
  3. odette3282000

odette3282000 New Member

The birth date of Christ was not stated in the bible and it's true that Jesus was not born on December 25 nor any date of month of December since December in Bethlehem is winter season. Proof that Jesus was not born in winter season was that the first message when Christ was born was sent by the angels to Shepherds in fields laying their sheep's, meaning there was no winter because they let their sheep to eat outside that night. Even the word Christmas is not in the bible. Christmas was made by Catholics and they confess in "Catholic Encyclopedia Volume 2 page 607" that December 25 is not the day when Christ was born. They just take it that day to celebrate the birth of Christ. In history December 25 is dedicated to Pagan Rome to the feast of their God Sun.

Attached Files:

4. Corena

Corena Member

What this lady has said is very true. Christmas came from the pagans. They celebrated their God and the winter solstice on this day. That is also where the christmas tree comes into play because of the pagans who worship nature.

The same question can be applied to Easter. Easter was also a pagan holiday first celebrating the spring equinox.

5. LadyMae

LadyMae New Member

Christmas has become nothing short of a money-making controversy. I grew up in a traditional family-orientated structured household, and it was always more about the idea of being with people you love and giving our presents than anything else. As we grow older, we start questioning why we are expected to buy gifts for people and awkwardly receive gifts from people, with a man in a red suit and white beard as the 'middle man' between the gift-giving process. Without getting too controversial about anything, I think Christmas has lost its meaning and perhaps, has left us as people confused about its true meaning. Life is a gift and we should aim to fill our purpose, and then celebrate it by giving back to others.

6. engrlanre

engrlanre New Member

Christmas as a celebration by my christian friends has been a contending issues among the churches. In my opinion it should be researched to actually confirmed the authenticity of date which has always been questioned.

7. Rafel30

Rafel30 New Member

It is an age long tradition to celebrate the birth of Jesus on Christmas day. Christmas is a godly and joyous celebration, so I see no reason why anyone should dispute why it is celebrated.

8. ja4lite

ja4lite New Member

People want to feel good before new year's and they use Christmas to give them momentum. The gifts are awesome even if they are not at all what you wanted or needed, it just feels good. I heard that the best food for the entire year is saved for Christmas actually.