IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

why do people change religions? .

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by ekt, Mar 26, 2019.

1. ekt

ekt New Member

It takes a courage for someone to decide to change his or her religion believes. There are many different religions in the world and also the freedom of worship whereby people can decide to choose or to change their religions whenever they want to but why do people decide to change their religions?

2. janaya

janaya New Member

I am obliged to answer your post since I changed my religion and reverted to Islam. I change my religion because I found peace in Islam. Honestly speaking, like most people I have this bad perception about Islam and Muslims. I thought they are bad people as what the media wants us to believe. But when I learned about Islam it makes me more attracted to it. All of my questions were answered especially about our real purpose in life. Islam is perfect but Muslims are not. We should not judge the religion by the mistakes of the people.

3. zezo

zezo New Member

There are too many reasons but the most important one, in my opinion, is to find the
    Inner peace and be sure this is the right religion by logic too for, me Islam is the right religion you should read about it and I am sure you will embrace it

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  4. Raja33

Raja33 New Member

I did change religion because the religion I grew up with didn't provide the answers I was looking for. It did also leave me puzzled about some ideas about cosmology and the after death doctrine.

When I found my new religion I didn't just dive into it. It took me time to know it and learn about it. But more I studied and more it made sense to me. My new religion was just displaying my inner beliefs. It just fitted perfectly with my way of thinking and it did clarify my doubts with an analytical approach.

5. Thalia Welford-Stewart

Thalia Welford-Stewart New Member

I myself changed my religion as I didn't feel that it related to me. I was brought up in an Anglican household but I went to a Lutheran Primary school and then a Catholic Highschool. In Highschool, I did not have a religion and felt very uncomfortable when I had to participate in worship because I felt somewhat blasphemous participating when I did not believe in their teachings. I changed my religion to a Frankenstein's monster of values and teachings from different religions.

I did dabble in Buddhism in my teenage years because it gave me peace but I never stopped looking for religions that made sense to me. Hence my Frankenreligion as such.