IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why DO YOU EXERCISE?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by amitkokiladitya, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Bush

Bush New Member

Exercise is one of the best thing that keeps us as active as possible. It is through it that our brain functions very well. Losing weight is also another thing. Children also exercise a lot to make them grow.

2. Sommax

Sommax New Member

Exercise are good, not just for the body only, but also for the mind. Personally, there are a lot of reasons why I exercise.

Firstly, I exercise to keep fit, or rather to keep my body in good shape. That's the main reason why I exercise. Keeping my body in good shape makes me happy; it makes me feel good about myself.

Secondly, I exercise to clear my mind. I said earlier that exercise is not only good for the body, but also for the mind. Whenever I had a hard decision to make or things bothering me, the first thing I do is to exercise; either by walking or running. It helps to clear my mind and to think clearly.

Thirdly, I exercise for fun. Especially when exercising with my friends. We can do a lot silly things.

3. Rock1987

Rock1987 New Member

I exercise everyday for a fitter body and mind. Exercising everyday is very beneficial and I will list it's advantages below

1) It keeps my brain fit and active
    2) It strengthens my bones and heart
    3) It lifts my mood and keeps me away from depression and anxiety.
    4) It reduces my daily life stress
    5) It improves my sleeping patterns
    6) It increases my energy and endurance
    7) It gives me confidence and lessens my fatigue

4. ikechukwusamson

ikechukwusamson New Member

Exercise is one of the most important part of our life, but some don't know because some sees it like stress. But not true because as a human being that we are, we need exercise to keep our body system working normally, the most important is that exercise makes us to be physically fit and healthy in a way.

Some don't like or don't understand the benefits of exercise because they sees it like a disturbance or wasting of time, but not so because exercise helps in reducing fats in our system and also reduces high blood pressure and helps to make the cells feel stronger in fighting bacteria in the body system. I think with this few points of mine are some reasons why we exercise our body.

Please any more reasons are accepted, because as a human being, we have many different thinking faculty that can generate many ideas to problems. So we await more reasons.

5. KhalilaRose

KhalilaRose New Member

Like many here, I exercise because I know it helps me stay healthy and makes me feel good. On the days that I do exercise, I have more energy and am more productive throughout the day. Seeing the results of my hard work in the gym also gives me a great emotional boost. Of course, it doesn't matter whether it's going to the gym or simply doing some free weight training at home, or even just stretching. There is abundant research that proves that getting your circulation flowing is not only healthy for your body but mental health as well.

Vision likes this.
  6. Vision

Vision New Member

In this day and age, it has become far much easier to exercise with the availability of stationary machines as well as online courses, as for myself i was never too keen on exercising, but until about 3 to 4 years ago, i have noticed an increase weight and a few health problems that fortunately signaled me that something has to change, based on this i have come to acceptance that i need to start exercising regularly, and after one year i have noticed remarkable and outstanding changes such as : improvements in my mood, look, immune system as well as the ability to sleep better and my body has become far more flexible and limber.

7. maxwell123

maxwell123 New Member

I exercise because It makes me feel better mentally and physically. And by doing that I have done something rather than sitting around all the time. Also, It's better to exercise now than wait till you can't do it and regret it later on.

8. jasminepvk

jasminepvk New Member

Of course for physical fitness.So if we are physically fit it helps you to feel mentally strong.Sometimes I go for yoga it also make me feel so pleased and relaxed.

9. kayjay77

kayjay77 New Member

Hi amitkokiladitya.

Your incredibility to convince those of us who otherwise may find no reason at all to find a healthy lifestyle in exercise is both fantastic and joyous. Exercising to reduce weight moct certainly will also have us thinking in terms of watching our diet and not overlook the benefits of healthy eating ad well. Very nice outline and way to "rev up our engines."

10. sarsino

sarsino New Member

I exercise to become fit and healthy. Whenever i do my daily exercise i felt the glow and my body function well. It makes me to be alert and focus on work as well. Exercise is part of my daily routine, if i miss doing my daily exercise, i feel sluggish and very lazy. Even i drink caffeine and energy drinks it doesn't help me to get focus. Every single sweat produce on my body keep off the toxins inside me. I really feel happy and healthy everyday i exercise.

11. Van

Van New Member

I exercise to keep fit and healthy . To have healthy weight and avoid getting some disease like blood pressure and diabetes and to reduces stress.

Exercise improves how i feel about myself or my self esteem.

12. MarkCorrea

MarkCorrea New Member

I do exercise because based on my research that is the best to relieve stress. I also benefited with it by losing so much weight from 210 pounds now it is only 175 pounds. I make sure to have at least 1 hour to do my routines before I started to work. It also gives me a refreshing feeling and a feeling that keeps me going each day. Now I am starting to run together with my dog as my companion. I also starting to eat healthy foods and most of them are organic. It really helps me a lot and changed my perspective on life to a positive one.

13. Athanas

Athanas New Member

As for me, daily exercise has not only shaped my body but also made me a happy person. Long time ago before I learned the benefits of exercise, I would get stressed all the time without reason. I would encourage everyone to keep on exercising daily for a happier life!

14. Eddielucky

Eddielucky New Member

Exercise for me comes as a way of passing time. I do enjoy every bit of it. Knowing the benefits it brings with it, I can't do without. Think of diseases many suffer today, most can be prevented through exercising. Heart diseases, hypertension and even stress.. Workouts relieve stress greatly.
    The motivation behind exercise is that huge biceps and triceps that the masculine gender want to boast of.
    I love workouts, has more benefits than the two-hour exhaustion in the gym.

15. lindaisjane

lindaisjane New Member

Everyone that has responded has remarked on exercise's ability to make us feel better mentally and physically, but no one has said that they exercise because it feels good in and of itself. I think that is part of the reason so many of us don't do what we know can make us feel better. We don't do it because it is work, and work does not feel good while you are doing it, it feels like work.

True, after you have done a certain amount of exercise you will start to feel good, but that won't help when you are lying on the couch with the potato chips and the remote. How can we get ourselves past the initial discomfort involved in exercising, so that we bypass our natural tendency to avoid doing it? There has got to be a way to make exercise more appealing so that it stimulates a pleasure response right from the moment it is initiated. Even low impact exercise like yoga is a chore for me to settle into on a regular basis though because of multiple back problems, I benefit hugely from regular appropriate exercise. What can we do to get us away from talking about exercise to actually participating? We all know the benefits yet few of us are actually committed to a routine. I guess it goes back to no pain no gain. Nothing worthwhile ever comes without some effort.

16. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

I initially began exercising to reverse some health issues that I was never was officially diagnosed with but felt I had. I knew if I didn't change my lifestyle soon that I would probably end up with like most people on the standard american diet. I am now in amazing health and continue to work out not only to maintain my health but because it feels so damn good. I love to challenge myself by getting stronger everyday in my strength training, beat my previous running time and watch how sexy my body becomes day after day.

Mentally and physically the changes chemically are so exciting. I feel in complete control of my health which reduces so much stress. I gain a lot of positive attention which helps my confidence. My brain constantly releases endorphins which helps me stay in a positive mental state and keeps my libido high :)

As long as I live on this earth I will never stop exercising .

17. Nellybeauty

Nellybeauty New Member

I exercise not just to burn calories but to also keep the body in a perfect and healthy shape. Some people might think that the reason for body exercise is to only lose weight which they may find it difficult to do because it's takes a whole lot of determination, time and effort to do.

Exercising my body is one of my daily routine to stay fit and strong. But also I exercise myself not just to keep fit but also to ease of stress, pain and anxiety on my body.

Like they say health is wealth. It's only when you are fit that you are capable to work. Exercising the body will help you to keep the body, soul and mind together which is essential for human health. Your body will answer you anytime you call for it's attention. When you exercise your body you will be happy and forever young among your age mate.

18. miumiu92

miumiu92 New Member

I exercise, believe it or not, to heal myself. I was severely thin when I was about 25, due to poor diet as I was following a diet plan. However, it took a toll on my body: I lost body muscles, my hair is thinning and my teeth are decaying. I also have lost fluidity in my movement.

So the reason why I exercise is because in a way, I want to regain my former self, to undo the negative effects that I got from the severe diet that I have been gone through. It is a healing process. I may or may not reach to the point where I used to be, but that is the motivation for me to keep going. Yes.

19. alex blue

alex blue New Member

I exercise mainly because my job requires more of physical presence and a good physical fitness. Apart from my kind of of job, exercising i believe it helps in improving mental wellness .

Exercise benefits every part of the body, including the mind. Exercising causes the body to make chemicals that can help a person to feel good. Exercise can help people sleep better. It can also help some people who have mild depression and low self esteem. Plus, exercise can give people a real sense of accomplishment and pride at having achieved a certain goal — like beating an old time in the 100-meter dash.

Exercise helps me look better. People who exercise burn more calories and look more toned than those who don't. In fact, exercise can help keep your body at a healthy weight.

20. linbii

linbii New Member

Exercise can help people look better. ... In fact, exercise help keep your body at a healthy weight. It also helps people lose weight and lower the risk of some diseases. Exercising regularly decreases a person's risk of developing certain diseases such as; diabetes and high blood pressure.

Our body was built to move and was designed to walk, run, skip, dance, push and pull. People had to engage in moderate to vigorous physical activity simply to perform daily tasks.