IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why does everyone hate mobile gamers?

Discussion in 'Games' started by kineticpower, Feb 18, 2019.

1. kineticpower

kineticpower New Member

Hey guys,

For some reason everyone hates mobile gamers and I really don't understand why.
    can some one explain it? I game on ps4, pc and IPhone and i still don't get why it is wrong/bad.
    I mean i get that the graphics are bad but does that really matter?

2. lemos10

lemos10 New Member

I think this has to do with how mobile games represent a huge market to game companies. Right now I would say that mobile gaming is one of the most, if not the most, profitable market that companies can dive into. These mobile games use aggressive marketing inside their games to lure the user into paying for virtual items or bonuses. Now, the main target are the kids because they are easier to manipulate and they don't really care about a high quality product in the end; it just needs to have some kind of addictive mechanic. So in the end it is more profitable for the game industry to make low-budget mobile games with the sole purpose of luring kids into spending real money with cosmetic in-game items and other stuff. These games lack immersive stories, decent mechanics and good graphics; things that most mature players desire. There are a few exceptions like Monument Valley and Osmos though!

3. Xaimen

Xaimen New Member

I think that mobile gaming is harder to control than console or pc gaming. Also with mobile gaming it could be challenging because if you are livestreaming people usually want to see the player but with mobile gaming there is the possibility that your finger could cover the screen.

4. LeiHanma

LeiHanma New Member

I think it's all in the mindset. Before mobile gaming is a thing, we all accepted that the PC gaming is the best. While mobile gaming is becoming more and more popular, the mainstream or casual gamers picked mobile gaming because it's portable, affordable and almost identical to the PC. Many PC gamers hated it, even the console gamers. Many become elitist that if you play on a mobile, you're not a gamer. They think that mobile games are just for children.

In reality, mobile games are becoming more and more like a console game. There are many games that has a very high quality graphics that can even outmatch some modern PC games. The control is not much of an issue because you can now buy your own preferred gamepad on almost any gadget store. Even the most waited Virtual Reality is now on mobile. So, the mobile gaming in general is not actually bad. It's in the mind of the people who think that it's bad.

5. YourSelf99999

YourSelf99999 New Member

It's something between the graphics, like you said and the amount of control over the aim mechanic, in my opinion. Based on my experience, pc has the best aim, then mobile, and then consoles. The touch screen is better than using a controller in some cases but you also have to take into consideration that controllers and keyboards have more buttons, they make it easier to assign each action to a certain pot while leaving the viewing area unobstructed. I personally really like mobile gaming and where its heading, mobile is becoming much higher quality as of recently.

Mobile gamer's just get a negative look, there is really nothing wrong with it, its just viewed as being less prestigious since you didn't have to buy a fancy system. (Lots more mobile games are free (PUBG) which does seem to prove people wrong)

There is also the classic xbox vs playstation war to take into account. Everyone wants what they bought, what they play to be considered the best. No one is really going to say mobile gaming is just as good because that means they have to admit their gaming system either sucks or is just as good as a simple cellphone that doesn't even require the latest, greatest graphics card.