IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why I believe Christianity should be the true religion in the world

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by vadze, May 23, 2015.

1. vadze

vadze New Member

I was born in a Christian family but at a point in time in my life when I decided to read more about what other religions of the world are saying, I got confused about the world of religion.

The one thing that get me more confused is the about Christianity is how the ministers preach different messages with some contradicting each other and even themselves sometimes.

I asked questions that I wasn't satisfied with the answers so I proceed to do my own research and end up in confusion.
    God being so good, my eyes were opened one day about all my questions.

One statement that came to me one morning when I was meditating is "The existence of counterfeit indicates that there is reality of such"

That statement answered my questions and considering the oppositions of the Christian faith from the beginning and the impact it has on the world regardless of the oppositions, I was convinced that Christianity has to be the true religion in the world.

I don't know about you. What is your stand about religion?

0.Tony101 likes this.
  2. santanu

santanu Member

This is the weakness of all religions of the world. Every religion is engaged in a non-ending or everlasting propaganda that my religion superior to yours. This debate is not only futile but also fetal. Just to prove supremacy and purity of one belief thousands and thousands of innocents are killed. We are now taught to hate other religion more than to love your own religion.

Have you ever asked yourself this question - Am I Christan, Hindu or Muslim by birth or by practice?

3. santanu

santanu Member

I desire to get an answer to this story.

A small child got lost in a fair. Parents of the child could not locate the child named Patrick after long hours of frantic search. They went home without the child. The child was only a year old. The parents came to the fair every year to search for the child but in vain. On the sixteenth year, the parents came to know from someone in the fair that a child of about one year was found by the president of the organizing committee of the fair. They also came to know that the child is being looked after by the president even today. The parents hurriedly went to the house of Abdulla, the president.

They conclusively convinced the president, the grown-up child, and others around that this boy of 16 is their son. The problem arose when it was realized the child has been brought up as a Muslim without knowing that the one-year-old lost child was a Christian boy

The boy being perplexed, asked his newfound parent, his Muslim father, and elders of the community one question - Am I a Muslim or a Christian. No one could give a convincing answer.

Can you?

4. Pure Grace

Pure Grace New Member

Religion is something that has true freedom. According to me, religion has no barrier, no compulsion, no rituals and no tradition. It has full freedom. Unconditional love is the true religion.

When we see the universe, it also has the willingness to unite with us. Unity is the true religion that cannot be separated. Unity with nature, universe and with those who exists in it can be termed as true religion.

Love has no division and hence the universe always wishes to remain united with us. That is true religion where there is no separation, no division, no pain and no loneliness. Other theories of the world, would keep going on and on without resulting in happiness.

Moreover, man-made religions are many. They will rise up more and more daily, but will have no results of love and peace.

5. santanu

santanu Member

You seem to be little confused in your comment. The attributes you have mentioned is found in Spirituality and not in religion.

Spirituality has no barrier, no binding but every religion on earth has barriers and boundaries. Every religion is divisive. I consider religions as "Groupism" in the name of God.

You can realize God only through Spiritualism and through any Religion.

6. Vincent Koyi

Vincent Koyi New Member

It's really simple if you understand why the religion is called Christian remember it's only in Christianity that there was resurrection so the word Christian came from that Jesus resurrected and promised us that too

7. roska

roska New Member

Religion in my understanding is an understanding that there is a Supreme being ,with all the ability to do good and strange things that a human being caanot perform.

The greatest thing one should bear in mind is that, no religion ,no practice of religion or how well one can memorize the written law of any religion will take one to heaven but how one treats fellow human will determine how well you honour God.

8. 0.Tony101

0.Tony101 New Member

Actually the child is a Muslim, its the only religion the boy has come to know since he was brought up. Someone's spiritual life is not determined by their parents or should i say once you are of legal age you an choose your religion as you please.