IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Why is Mac so expensive?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Fairchildftw, Jul 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Fairchildftw

Fairchildftw New Member

What makes it so expensive? I have never used so i m curious to know what makes it different from an ordinary pc?

2. bahgat yasser

bahgat yasser New Member

because Apple hasn't been keeping up with updating to the latest available hardware, but they're still generally selling at the same price points as they were years ago.

3. Aiden Eylward

Aiden Eylward New Member

This question is a hard one because there is so much controversy over it. The main reason why they are so expensive is because of the value you are getting. When you purchase a Mac you are getting a premium computer. I think the most expensive part of the Mac is not the hardware itself, but the software. As of 2020, apple announced that they are converting all of their Mac computers to their own Apple silicon. This meaning they are going to their own processors. These new processors are much more responsive and seriously faster than apple competitors.

This reply is coming from a huge Apple nerd so I am a very bug supporter of Apple. But when you are looking for a computer you are looking for many different things such as size, portability, speed, and storage. In my opinion Apple checks all of those boxes. I hope this helped! If you are looking into a Mac I would highly suggest the MacBook Air, as it is one of their cheaper models and delivers considerable for the size and processor power.