IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Will Computer Always be Around? Or Will Tablets Take Over?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by VIJENDRA RATHORE, May 6, 2015.

1. maclover68

maclover68 New Member

I think maybe a few generations from now desktops and laptops will possibly be replaced by tablets. While tablets can't currently meet the needs that a desktop or laptop does, someday it could surpass them as technology advances. Think of it this way, if you own a smart phone you have a computer in your pocket that is more powerful than the computers on Apollo 11. Some day tablets will pack quite the punch.

2. owen027

owen027 Member

Definitely yes! Computers will stay around. In our generation modern computers are so important to us. Computers made our some task easier. Some Schools require computer classes as early to ensure computer literacy at a young age. They are also using technology in the classroom, and the students need a computer access to complete their homework and activities. Some school and work programs are mostly computer-based and most programs provide computers for the students to complete and pass their curriculum.

3. luxonline2

luxonline2 New Member

I don't think tablets will ever take over desktops and laptops in the near future. Tablets have their own place in the world of electronic gadgets. I think a lot of people still feel a desktop is quite comfortable for gaming and other activities. Yes, tablets are highly portable and easy to navigate. But now it is the time for 2-in-1 laptops which can be used both as a laptop and a tablet.

Earlier laptops were a threat to desktops and then tablets appeared to challenge laptops. Now the ball is in the court of laptops again.

4. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

For normal usage like surfing and watching videos yes tablet may take place of computers and laptops. But for professional work I don't think it can take place of either computer or laptop.

If we talk about tablets then there are always limitations in many section. Tablets not come with high configuration which is always main requirement for opening heavy applications. So for professional work it will not work properly. Other thing is keyboard. We can't type fast with only touch screen. Yes we can connect usb keyboard with tablets, but in that case we are missing portability feature as it will be hard to carry keyboard all the time.

5. knoll2knoll

knoll2knoll New Member

There is NO technology which stays forever. Even when Desktop started its functioning, it started with first generations and than so on. Every generation was better than the previous one. than laptops took over the lead and now tablets are taking over the place of laptops even. I feel with the passage of time android mobile phones will take over the leading role in technology.

6. april30rese

april30rese New Member

I think computers won't go away. There are still a lot of tasks that tablets cannot do such as heavy excel use, typing and graphic design. Tablets have a limitation such as a small screen, less battery power and it is not as tactile as the mouse and keyboard. It also difficult to work on a tablet especially if you work with charts and tables. The only advantage of working on a tablet is its portability but in every day tasks nothing beats the value of a desktop computer especially for heavy computing.

7. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz New Member

I agree, I own both, and can say that I never use my tablet. It is lying somewhere on my couch and has not been charged for months. My laptop is convenient and light.
    There are many programs that the app store has that compare badly to desktop versions, for example, Photoshop. I need the full photoshop for school and would not be able to do half my tasks if I only had a tablet at hand.

8. divinemaredi

divinemaredi New Member

In technical terms, tablets are computers, but with a limited perimeter of feautes and capabilities compared to a PC. The personal computer will always remain as the most sophisticated device created by man, this is because it can basically accomplish everything it was made to achieve, due to the enormous range of features it has!
    Tablets are merely the mediator between the PC and a smartphone, it houses a combination of features from phones and computers but with limited capabilities, So no, tablets will never take over computers!

9. vivek

vivek New Member

The one of the most changing thing in the world is the tech.The changes from first generation computers to this 21st century laptops, and tablets every thing has changed.
    If you ask me, there is more possibility of desktops, laptops will b replaced by upcoming tech. in the future which would be far better suiting our needs than tabs.

10. luisalex456654

luisalex456654 New Member

PCs have been around for a long while, yet it will more than likely be supplanted as the go-to device for processing moving. What will be the successor? The tablet. Numerous cynics think the tablet is simply a contrivance to help deals. I was one of those cynics for a long while. However, subsequent to utilizing tablets enough, I have come around to seeing exactly how amazingly supportive that innovation is. Here are a few reasons why I trust tablets will supplant the portable PC as the cell phone of decision.

Power utilization. Tablet clears out the portable workstation with respect to power utilization. All things considered, I can get an entire day out of a tablet on a solitary charge. Infections. I think not. Not that it will never happen, but rather it's a quite easy win that tablets will never experience the ill effects of the same downpour of infections that torment a Windows portable PC.

Conveyability. You can haul around a 4-to 12-pound portable workstation or a sub .5-pound tablet. Which do you need when you're experiencing airplane terminals, taxis, lodgings, gatherings, gatherings, and so on.? You're going to pick the tablet unfailingly. Ease of use. Tablet interfaces are likely a portion of the absolute most easy to use desktops you will run over. They are straightforward, rich, and don't impede work.

Tablets are not just setting down deep roots, it might be a short time before they have completely lastly usurped the portable workstation as the go-to equipment for the versatile business client. After you move beyond the acclimation period for the console, the tablet is an astounding instrument for compact business (or even easygoing) use.

11. hmary

hmary New Member

I don't tablets can ever replace computers. Firstly with their small size compared to computers?Hell no.It would be extremely difficult for someone in an office trying to type somethig on a tablet,unless there is a feature on a tablet where you just talk and it types itself.Otherwise it would be extremely cumbersome just to name one reason.

12. MikeTheKnight

MikeTheKnight New Member

I have always preferred my laptop over a tablet. I am much more comfortable using a large screened computer than a small screened tablet. Most people I've met prefer using a computer or a laptop. All big business require a computer or laptop because they preform tasks that a tablet cannot. Tablets do not support every platform needed to finish certain tasks for a job. In my opinion, tablets will never take over the use of computers or laptops.

13. maika

maika New Member

I think that computers will always be around. The capability of a tablet could never compare to one of a computer. The limited space in a tablet limits the activities that can only be done in a computer. Besides I much prefer working with a larger screen, making it easier to see and much more fun for gaming and video watching.

14. yowsef24

yowsef24 New Member

In my opinion, it will not because the capabilities of tablet are limited especially for gaming. Also the reliability of each product depends on a situation and location. There is time having a computer is much convenient than a tablet.

15. BoWaddy

BoWaddy New Member

I strongly support mat14 in his opinion that PCs will be replaced by laptops but not by tablets. In my case, it is just a prediction or an educated guess based on what PCs, laptops and tablets can do. A laptop can do almost everything that a PC can do but not a tablet so laptops are more comparable to PCs than tablets. Laptops can read Compact Disks and DVDs like PCs but tablets cannot do that and, most laptops have higher processing power and storage space than tablets.

16. zeratul

zeratul New Member

Laptops or desktops, in my opinion, can never be replaced by a tablet specially at the work place. A table is good for fun stuff like social media or some games but not durable and safe enough to save your files on. It would cost too much to have a tablet that can do half of what laptops/desktops are doing right now. If you need to attach a keyboard to make it work for your purpose, then why not just buy a full-pledged laptop or netbook?