IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Working out with or without music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by pandax, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Teresa

Teresa New Member

I like listening to music while working out. The rhythm of a song helps me find a better groove and it takes my mind away from the work out. If I have a good 70's pop playlist I can go through an entire workout without much notice! I don't usually close my eyes or anything tho....typically because I like to be aware of my surroundings but I do love to be taken away by a few classic tunes :)

CreoleQueen777 likes this.
  2. Jazzey98

Jazzey98 New Member

3. Jazzey98

Jazzey98 New Member

I think listenting to music while workng out motivates you and pumps you up while working out and sometimes when you get lost into the music you have walked or ran or even jogged way more than you expected. This happens to me also I might be walking on the treadmill and look at the time left and I already have walked at least 30 minutes by the timei look at the timer. Its something bout the music that helps you motivate and passes the time I dont mind it because im listening to music and working out to better myself physcially and mentally.

4. Brenda

Brenda New Member

Pandax, I agree I need some tunes, music makes me go longer. Another good topic is sex and music ".LOL"

5. Feather

Feather New Member

I tried working out with music but music doesn't help and only makes it worse, music prevents me from focusing on exercising and working out so I work out without putting my earphones or listening to music in any other way.

Though, aspirational music can help in aspiring and achieving, in my honest opinion despite the fact I hate music whilst I am working out.

6. hipopotamo92

hipopotamo92 New Member

I think it depends on what type of work you have. If you have a work in which you have to be very concentrated I think is better the silence, but if not you can listen music to avoid boredom. Sometimes I work with music. However sometimes I need silence to do something.

7. Melissa T

Melissa T New Member

Working out with music is a must. If I didn't have music, I wouldn't do it. Music makes it more fun.

8. ovidiulucian

ovidiulucian New Member

Yes, I find that listening to faster, upbeat music can help me power through a workout, especially in instances when I need that extra bit of energy at the end of a tough sweat session. There have been studies that have lent evidence to the idea that listening to upbeat music during a workout can help you go that extra mile.

9. hurtadoluisalex

hurtadoluisalex New Member

I think that working out with music is better than working out without music, because music is rhythm and work out is all about rhythms, series and repetitions.
    The rhythm of the music helps you concentrate in working out with a constant speed.
    Without music you tend to get bored quickly because there's no rhythm present.

10. Junaid Jabir

Junaid Jabir New Member

I just can't hit the gym without good music. I like to listen to motivational music while I work out and it really does make a difference on your stamina level the amount of pain you can endure. Also, the type of music you listen to effects the dopamine release in your body. So, it's safe to say music helps you workout better.

11. hhelenak

hhelenak New Member

I prefer working out with music playing. I can workout free on work and it has TV there and many music channels there. When the music is playing the time goes by faster (it seems like that) and so it seems easier to work out. Also, I don't feel that much pain then. I also like to watch movie or show when I'm working out, because this also helps me to get my mind off working out.

12. edward hampton

edward hampton New Member

I think it matter what genre you are playing when you work out definitely. In the 90' before I use to get ready for a basketball game I would play Biggie, even when I worked out. But when I became older I started playing gospel music. The funny part is thats when I started to see more results.....hum maybe the Spirit inside me was enjoying it and gave me strength.

13. Lythium

Lythium New Member

If I do not have music playing when I work out, then I usually end up not completing the workout. My attention span is less than optimal, so I need something to keep my mind off of how uncomfortable I am feeling. I turn on music by some of my favorite artists (Janet Jackson megamixes are awesome for workouts) and try not to watch the clock.

14. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

Workout is a session of exercise or practice for physical fitness for athletic competition and I understand when those athletes are doing their workout, music is not used. They do their strenuous physical workout without the aid or accompanying music.

But working out like Zumba, music is a must. They do their workout according to the rhythm of the music and they usually do it for one-hour workout.

Well, next time we should be careful to use properly the appropriate term for it might mislead us to its true meaning or related connotation. Work and workout are two different words or terms and of course, they are of different meaning too.

15. Emma White

Emma White New Member

Working out is so hard without music! I don't think I could go nearly as long on the treadmill without some kind of motivation.