IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Would you prefer modding communities to not exist?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Halo1665, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Halo1665

Halo1665 New Member

So, this is a shower thought style of question but I'm quite curious the opinions of the people here on this forum!

My basic premise is simple, do you believe that Modding Communities for games should be allowed and encouraged or that the base game should be only played the way the developers set it up. Please respond below with your opinions and thoughts!

2. Sakura No Ryu

Sakura No Ryu New Member

Feels like a question that came from Law or Something, I would hate if the Modding Community had Ceased to Exist.

It is as fun to Mod as it is to Play, Also, Modding Community is Known to solve various problems that DEVS don't fix and allows access to various Portions and Sectors of the Game You would be Exited to See.

P.S: The Vergil Character from Devil May Cry 5 was something Fans Begged the developers for as a playable DLC, They did it after an year or two but the Modding Community Far Surpassed Them And already Had Released a Mod For it.

3. FaKu

FaKu New Member

I actually feel like modding communities are making the games better, not always, but mainly yes.
    The fact that you can change the game storyline or the gameplay is something cool.

4. LesbianRaichu

LesbianRaichu New Member

Yes, of course! I've only ever seen mods improve games. The fact that newer developers are prohibiting modding is absurd, especially since modders will find a way to mod it anyways.

5. Ukkosp

Ukkosp New Member

Modding communities give a whole new aspect to games and without them I think games like minecraft wouldn't be as popular as they are. I don't think there is a reason modding communities shouldn't exist.

6. Xenon04

Xenon04 New Member

The modding community is something that most games need to add diversity and reignite gameplay, especially for older games. Take Skyrim for example, it is due to the modding community that many people still come back to the game. I personally love the modding community due to their contribution to the games that we all love.