IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

xBox One or PS4

Discussion in 'Games' started by bauss, May 13, 2015.

1. bauss

bauss New Member

I don't have either, but I'll probably end up getting a xBox One. I'm going to stick with Microsoft. I've always preferred a xBox 360 over a PS3, and xBox gets better games. I don't know, I just like it better.

Which one are you going to get or what one do you have?

2. jakeayres

jakeayres New Member

I would pick what the majority of your friends play. For me, most of the fun from playing games comes from playing with friends. I don't think that the exclusive titles offer enough to sway my opinion either way. With that said, I have been told that the PS4 has a wider choice of indie games and that Playstation Plus offers a wide selection of cheap games. Perhaps if your friends aren't a contributing factor, I would chose a PS4 for this reason. Personally, I can't say I see much to differentiate them.

I play games on my PC partly because most of friends do, but mainly because I have a powerful computer for other tasks that is capable of playing games. For this reason, buying a console is unnecessary for me. I'm interested to hear what others have to say though this debate will probably never be settled.

3. lynda.halligan1987

lynda.halligan1987 New Member

Тоtаllу аgrее аbоut Νіntеndо hаvіng а gоldеn орроrtunіtу hеrе. Wіth bоth оf thе twо сurrеnt lеаdеrs flоundеrіng whаt shоuld bе аn іdіоt рrооf соnsоlе сусlе, Νіntеndо hаs а реrfесt wіndоw tо dеаl а fаtаl blоw tо bоth оf thеm. Реорlе wоuld drор thоsе сlumsу хbохеs аnd nеvеrgеttорlау stаtіоns іn а hеаrtbеаt іf Νіntеndо wоuld lаunсh а соmраrаblе рlаtfоrm реrfоrmаnсе wіsе . Νіntеndо's sоftwаrе quаlіtу hаs nо соmреtіtіоn frоm thеsе twо. Іmаgіnе а wіdе ореn- wоrld -Меtrоіd оr Ζеldа wіth thе grарhісs роwеr аnd stоrаgе оf ХВоnе оr РЅ4 . Wоuld bе hаrd tо mаtсh.

Whеn thе Хbох 360 аnd РЅ3 wеrе rеlеаsеd thе РЅ3 wаs tесhnісаllу thе bеttеr соnsоlе, but Ѕоnу lоst thаt сrоwn аs МЅ kерt орtіmіzіng thе Хbох. Ѕаmе іs hарреnіng wіth thе сurrеnt gеn соnsоlеs.

Вut І'm сurіоus tо sее whаt Νіntеndо іs gоіng tо dо nехt. Тhеу hаvе thе реrfесt орроrtunіtу tо blоw bоth оut оf thе wаtеr, аs nеіthеr thе Хbох Оnе оr РЅ4 аrе раrtісulаrlу ехсіtіng hаrdwаrе-wіsе.

Тwо thіngs І lоvе аbоut mу Хbох Оnе thаt аrеn't mеntіоnеd. Fіrst, іt іs ехtrеmеlу quіеt, еvеn whеn рlауіng gаmеs. Yоu nеvеr еvеr hеаr а fаn, thіs wаs оnе оf thе mоst іmроrtаnt dесіdіng fасtоrs fоr mе. Ѕесоnd, thе fаst rеsumе tо thе lаst рlауеd gаmе, еvеn аftеr thе соnsоlе іs роwеrеd оff аnd bасk оn. Тhіs соmbіnеd wіth hаvіng mу ТV run thrоugh thе Хbох (nо swіtсhіng іnрuts) hаs mе gоіng frоm ТV tо gаmіng іn sесоnds.

4. rightct

rightct New Member

I would personally choose PS4 over Xbox One all the time, for the following reasons:
    1) The PS4 gets updates periodically, whilst Xbox One doesn't get that much attention from Microsoft at all;
    2) Even though both now have paid online experience, PS4's seems more reliable overall, due to the lack of stuttering;
    3) PS4's design is way better;
    4) Although the difference can't be truly seen unless your job is to criticize graphics, PS4's seems more neat and polished.

These would be my reasons as to why I'd choose the PS4 all the time. Of course, there are also some disadvantages for my choice, like the uncomfortable controller, but I find it to be a lesser issue. ;)

5. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

I would have to agree with what @jakeayres said, pick the one that most of your friends will be playing on.

Most games these days are aimed at on-line gaming, and so obviously, to be able to play on-line with people you know, your going to have to have the same console.

That should be a major factor for you and anybody else that's in the same situation and can't decide between the two.

6. mill603

mill603 New Member

I don't have either one. In my opinion, both systems don't really impress me and the graphics aren't that great compared to current gen. When you look at the very first Xbox and compare it to the Xbox 360, there was a huge improvement graphically. Looking at the Xbox One's jump from the 360, it was very disappointing. From 1 to 10 the improvement on the graphics was a 5 and there aren't and games that stand out. The only thing that I see as selling point is the feature the Xbox One offers. not the games.

7. Bladehit

Bladehit New Member

I think I'll go for the PS4. I don't have one but I own a PS3 and I didn't have any problems and the PS3 exclusives werw better in my oppinion.

8. a10rodrigues

a10rodrigues New Member

There are only two things that are going to really matter when it comes to buying a games console: what you friend's have and which exclusive games you prefer.

A lot of people want to play with their friends and if you're one of them, you need to look at which one more of your friends own. If more of them own a PS4, then you get a PS4. If more of them own an xbox one, then you get an xbox one. If playing with your friends doesn't bother you or none of them particularly game, then have a look at exclusive games each console has to offer.

The xbox one can offer exclusives such as Dead Rising 3, Halo: Masterchief collection, Ryse: Son of Rome, Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound, Quantum Break etc.

The PS4 has games such as Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, Bloodborne, Everybody's going to the Rapture, Infamous: Second Son, Until Dawn, Deep down, The Order: 1886 etc.

There are other things to consider, but they're the main two. The other things you might take into consideration are the controller. I find that the xbox controller fits those with bigger hands, though it might be different for you. The other is the online play. Microsoft has a clearly superior online service, though I prefer the games that PS+ gives you, as opposed to games with gold.

:);)

9. Twinsmommy31

Twinsmommy31 New Member

It just makes sense to want a system that the majority of your friends have so you can play with them. I prefer the PS4 and that is what my friends prefer as well. I have heard good things about the Xbox One but I am still a little skeptical. I like the games that the PS4 is putting out a little better anyway. I have always been an Uncharted fan. This is why I will continue with the PlayStation brand.

10. Tanawan

Tanawan New Member

Well, during the last console generation, I started with an Xbox 360 but pretty much abandoned it entirely once I picked up a PlayStation 3. Microsoft’s history of consumer-unfriendly practices like using their own infernal currency and charging a monthly fee for basic services free on other platforms—those are the reasons I find the Xbox brand unappealing. Above all, I get the feeling Microsoft doesn’t know what they want to do in the console world, and might have just a tinge of regret over getting into this costly game 15 years ago. Despite their failures over the years, Sony seems to have more of a vision, which is why I invested in the PS4. I Played Xbox One and to me PS4 is better.

11. lucie harvey

lucie harvey New Member

i got a PS4. My whole family prefer PS over Xbox. I guess i prefer PS4 over Xbox one because i grew up always playing PS. I did play Xbox and Xbox 360 to growing up but i found PS better and easier to play. So i pick PS4