IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Your Favorite Healthy Meal?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Shenqui, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Shenqui

Shenqui New Member

Eating healthy can be a little daunting, especially with the bad reputation of most of the so-called 'health foods' when it comes to the flavor department. Admittedly, I won't turn down eating fried chicken when the mood hits me, but I still have a lot of healthy picks that I prefer to eat when I'm craving for something on the lighter side.

Having grilled fish with pickled vegetables perks me up after having to slog through my workday. It's easy to make and filling, though you'll have to add some carbohydrates and fruit to the mix.

I like to sprinkle a little salt and black pepper on the fish most of the time. Other times, I'll dress it with some lemon juice and low sodium soy sauce before setting it to grill. I like it best with a serving of brown rice and some soup, too.

2. Mary Anne

Mary Anne New Member

That is just right. Very daunting! I guess the best way to go around it is by reducing your meal portions and eating snacks once in a while as a treat rather than branch meals. And when it comes to taste, a little creatively always go a long way.

3. RitaT

RitaT New Member

I agreed with your meal intake. You rather could plan your meals for the day and also your snacks. It will keep you on the right track and you get enough from the meals. If you prepare your meals the chance that you take the wrong snack is little because you already have it prepared. I used to have cravings but now I'm on a diet and prepare the meals and snacks, I don't have any cravings. You also could check a healthy recipe what is more your flavour. There are tons of recipe out there what are healthy and delicious.

4. Gergana

Gergana New Member

I think the trick to healthy eating is sauces and spices. Healthy food doesn't need to be bland. And I agree, you need to have snacks prepared. Otherwise, the first time you're out, or at home but too tired to cook, your mind goes to the fastest easiest thing you can buy. Usually an unhealthy one.

Personal favorite? Red curry Thai chicken with veggies. All you need for the sauce is store-bought red curry(small jar-it's spicy enough) and coconut milk, and few regular spices. And then chicken and whatever veggies you like(I usually do lots of peppers and carrots, but anything you like). Really simple to cook, you can choose how much red curry you put in depending on how spicy you want it, it's really simple to make and it's delicious. The red curry itself adds tons of flavor without needing to add 10 different spices. It's the kind of dish I would love to order in a restaurant, but it's easy to make and you can make a whole pot. The only hard part is if you chose to make your own red curry, but you don't need to, it's delicious like this as well.