1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

A quick thought...

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Flyer, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Flyer

Flyer Active Member

My ISP keeps blocking ForumWheel as a spammer, which makes it difficult to get onto the support forum. After a long phone call this morning I am back on (they failed to justify the block), but it has taken nearly two months to get the ISP to actually do something about it.

It did occur to me that if there is no way to contact the site for assistance without going through the forum, anyone who has something similar happen will be rather stuck. Are there any alternatives?

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

You present a good point. Originally I thought that the solution might be to disable the email activation requirement but that would end up leading to a spam problem. I've added a notice at the top of the forum that provides my personal email address as a support alternative if the forum cannot be used.

pwarbi likes this.
  3. Flyer

Flyer Active Member

Thanks for the reply, but aren't you at risk of getting spammed if you are leaving your own email up there? It is a tricky issue.

4. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

It's a possibility. We'll see how it works out. If the spam becomes a problem then I'll have to find another solution.