1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Current State of The Forum Wheel

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by Jason76, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

As of now business is good, but the place still needs more forums. I know the forums are out there, because on places like DigitalPoint they're always needing forum posters. I suppose the only way to reach these forums is via advertising.

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I tried running ads on DP but that was a complete waste of money. I spent $20 and got 20,000 impressions and 2 clicks. So I basically paid $10 per click which is insane. I think the problem is that they have a tiny little banner ad at the top which no one sees.

A few forums have come here via my signature link on DP so that's the best method as far as I am aware.

3. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

That's still a lot of impressions for 20 dollars. Well, at least you only wasted 20 dollars. On Google, Facebook, or Bing, you might have put in 300 dollars or more for the same amount of impressions.

Anyhow, don't they have other places where ads show up? I bet though they are charging more for those ads.

4. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

No, Google is much much cheaper. I typically get ~$0.10 per click on Google. That's like 100x cheaper than DP. Clicks are what count, not impressions.

5. vij

vij Member

TAZ doesn't like this concept, but would be a good place to advertise.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Kaynil likes this.
  6. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

I guess if in general we use Promotion assets in our own places and other communities that have nothing to do with TFW. Maybe a thread in Forum promotion could also help to build some interest.