1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

More rating issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by to7update, Jan 27, 2017.

1. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

Received a rating of 4.33: You've received a new rating of 4.33.

It appears as 2.6 on the Ratings section.

Overall appears as 3.7. It's the only one I have though.

Confusing @KenBrace? :)

Kaynil likes this.
  2. Flyer

Flyer Active Member

I have the same problem. I had a 5.17 on the alert that shows as a 3.2 on the ratings section, and that gave me a 4.1 on my dashboard.

However, there's another issue: I've just recieved another rating, again high on the alert, 3.3 on the ratings page. My total rating on my dashboard now shows as 1.6.

How can two ratings that at their lowest are 3.2 each average to 1.6? Something is not right.

(The 'isNAN' text that was appearing by Threads now reads 'None', which I guess is an improvement.)

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Same here. Received a rating of 4.5, shows as 1.1 so...it's nice to be rated so low after nearly 10,000 posts made when my average before the change was 4.5.

Guess that's me off the site for the forseeable future then.

4. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

This same thing happened with me, and I think it is just going to take a while to get all of the bugs worked out of the system, and for both the writers and the forum owners to better understand how it works.
    One of mine said I had a "1" in rule-following, and I looked and couldn't find any rules either on the forum description, or on the forum itself. I don't know if there is something that I missed, or if they just rated it a "1" because there was no rules ?

From what I have seen, the rating system itself is great !
    Instead of just getting an overall rating that really does not say much more than either "great work" or "lousy posts", this rating actually gauges your abilities in different areas, such as grammar and post length. This way, we can actually see what needs to be improved in each forum that gives us a rating.
    At least, we can all still post on the forums we are subscribed to, and once this is set up and working right, I think it will be a great improvement that will be liked by both writers and forum owners .

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

We'll see how it goes. I'm in favour of a new rating system as I have mentioned in previous posts, but...it still seems like a lot of work for no apparent reason.

"How good is this poster, from a scale of 1-5?" Is a simpler question to ask. 5=brilliant. 4=good. 3=average (could do better. 2=I'm not happy. 1=posts need looking at and a refund of points (or not) based on TFW decision and ultimately given a warning depending on that decision, is a much simpler way to do things, and a way that most of the forum owners was happy enough with.

The more complicated the system gets, the less likely forum owners are going to use TFW. If or when that happens it won't matter what rating we have, as there won't be any forums to post on anyway.

to7update likes this.
  6. Flyer

Flyer Active Member

My combined rating just jumped to 4, but there's a real bug in the rating system: my Thread To Reply Ratio for the last rating now reads "thread_ratio". It was like that on the email alert.

7. talk2me

talk2me Well-Known Member

I got a 3.4 average rating from a forum. The forum owner has rated me as "1" in "rule following". That means "terrible" and I wrote to him to tell me what went wrong from my part but yet to hear from him. In "General" parameter my rating is at 6 but how it can be greater than 5 when the range is from 1 to 5?

What is more surprising to me is the fact that I have not posted anything in that forum. It is under a new name now and I could not login into it due to some technical errors. May be I was active in that forum long back in their old setup.

Before this new rating system my actual rating was 4.5. I know this is no more relevant now but it seems quite confusing.

8. to7update

Yeah, I was averaging 4.8 before the change, so I am missing that too, as resetting everything doesn't reflect what we have done in the past. The points I am earning haven't changed, so the most important part is still there for now.

The more strange is that forum owners cannot rate as they wish, that's the most puzzling.

9. talk2me

to7update likes this.
  10. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Alright, I've made a few corrections to the system. Let me know if something still isn't adding up correctly.

11. to7update

@KenBrace, I don't understand programming, but I think we need to draw a line somewhere. Those corrections you made messed up my rating even further, and cut my earning per post almost to half, so it's no correct, and it's worse than ever. I am sending you another PM now to see if you can fix this as soon as possible.

AngelaMc likes this.
  12. to7update

Posting level seem to have disappeared as well, I wonder if that is related?

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Same here. Been rated once, average rating was 4.5 but showed as a 2.8. Originally showed as a rating of 1.1 on my dashboard, then a 3.8 now I'm down to 3.

14. jomich

jomich Member

I don't know what's up, but I do know what's down, my earnings per post! It just went down from 1.90/1.85 to 1.5 and that really hurts! My average rating prior to the ratings revamp was 4.6, something I had to work really hard for because I was rated 4 at the Gateway until three forum owners gave me a rating of 4.8, 4.9, and 5! With a current rating of 3, I'm in a worse situation than when I started on July 2016 and I am very much discouraged to go on.

Flyer likes this.
  15. talk2me

I am also on the same situation. Hope it's just a bug.

I was rated 4.5 earlier and now it has come down to 3.4. What's more surprising is the fact that this rating came from a forum where I have not been posting for quite a long time.

16. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

The new rating scale is different.

1 = Terrible!
    2 = Not good
    3 = Average
    4 = Good
    5 = Perfect!

So a 3.0 is equivalent to 4.0 on the old scale.

A 4.5 on the old scale = 3.4 on the new scale.

17. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

Mine did the same thing and only one forum has rated me. I started off with a 4.6 rating now I'm a 2.9 Something is wrong here. No forum owners other than one has rated me. @KenBrace

Flyer likes this.
  18. jomich

jomich Member

My average rating was 4.6 before the revamp, how come it's a 3 right now? My earnings per post was 1.85 previously and now it's down to 1.5. What's happening?

Flyer likes this.
  19. Flyer

Flyer Active Member

I've had exactly the same thing. I'm in the position of finding two ratings from forum owners who gave me "Excellent" ratings (that's what they said in their notes) actually cut my per post income from 1.95 to 1.6, and my rating from 4.7 to 3.2 (which is actually less than the average of both ratings).

Is it actually possible to get a 5.0 under the new system? I'm curious about Rule Following, as both mine are 1's, well under all the other ratings.
    So should we recieve the same bonus for a 3.4 as we would for an old 4.5, or has pay been cut across the board?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Kaynil likes this.
  20. to7update

It has to be a bug @Flyer and I am assuming the previous values will be reinstated, or else it doesn't make any sense.