IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

A lot of people here are complaining about school - heres my oppinion

Discussion in 'Education' started by Joshh71390, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Joshh71390

Joshh71390 New Member

I'm on my last semester of a long college (switched my major half way through) career. I see a lot of people saying things like "why go to school" and so on.

Why is school important -
    • It levels out people who can't look more then a few steps ahead.
    • It teaches you how to work well with deadlines
    • it teaches you niche specific processes / terms / info that are otherwise left by the wayside in self education.
    • It gives you a shiny piece of paper :cool: jk
    • It teaches you to deal with pointless tasks, and solving them in strategic ways.
    • It gives you skills in working with groups / communicating in public and so on.
    • It certifies that your heart surgery is being completed by someone who actually knows a great deal about hearts / rather than someone who just wants to make the salary.
    • It shows you many other open doors that you thought never existed.
    • It does sooooo much more too.

People hate on school, and they have no real reason. - Yes school is expensive. / Yes it is crappy of some of the stuff involved at the top. But knowledge is power. You might be able to post things like, I don't need to go to college to get rich, my response will be something along the lines of

Well what are you waiting for then?
    School is not my favorite, but it is 100 percent beneficial. I see it between the spread of my friends. The ones who have went the college route are more active, grown up, they speak a lot clearer, they have a much more realistic grasp on things and also are more determined.

On the flip side many of the people I know who haven't gone through schooling are still in the mindset of I should get everything handed to me even though it won't. They do things like spend 5 hours to save 5 dollars, and complain a lot.

I think if nothing else, school helps to problem solve.