IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

AMD-ATI or Intel-Nvidia?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by classic456, Jan 6, 2017.

1. classic456

classic456 New Member

Hello Guys!

As the title suggests, I would like to know your opinion or experiences regarding these two different setups.

Honestly, I, for the most, have mostly worked with Intel+Nvidia platforms, and they are very solid and with a good all around performance, but lately I've felt like building a new desktop PC (since mine died a while ago) and I've been curious on how well do each of these platforms perform in these fields:

- Office Working (intense usage of progrmas such as M.Office and some other enterprise software)
    - Gaming
    - Budget/performance ratio (I've always been told that AMD+ATI wins here)
    - Media entertainment (watching movies, streamng content, editing and coding/decoding video)

I would love to know your opinions and experiences about it (without starting a war here please :D)

Thanks in advance!

2. shark1234

shark1234 New Member

Right now?
    For CPU Intel because AMD hasn't launched anything new lately and they are lagging behind Intel greatly, unfortunate but that's the reality.

For desktop you can buy a 8370 from AMD which is pretty old on the other hand go with either i7 6th gen or i7x and you will get really good performance. Although you have to spend more.

On the GPU side however AMD is still holding but Nvidia might be a bit better choice although some people argue AMD produces better image quality which I'm not sure if that is true or not. In the driver section however AMD's new driver works really good with their new cards so not an issue there.

So I would say get either a 980Ti or two 390. Though you can wait for the AMD's new CPU and GPU or maybe Nvidia's new GPU. For reliability and longevity buy from a good brand.