IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Animated Shows for Adults

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Joseph Martinez, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Joseph Martinez

Joseph Martinez New Member

In your opinion, which animated TV shows are intentionally made for adults? Do you think children can watch these kinds of shows even with adult supervision?

2. lbwran

lbwran New Member

Archer is the most obvious animated show strictly for adults that comes to mind. It's rife with slavery, racism, sexual innuendo, and apparently too much "phrasing". This is definitely one show that adults should make sure that children don't watch.

Now, another show that I believe was created for an adult audience is the iconic "The Simpsons". That is one show that can be halfway safely watched by youngins where the adults will still get the wry humor oozing out at the seams. Family Guy would also fit in this category... sort of..

3. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Family Guy is one of many adult animated shows. With its sexual humor it contains profanity, racism (which is still very serious), bad habits or addictions like drinking or drugs, overall violence, and more. I believe children should definitely not be watching these kinds of shows, because they can portray these habits in schools or with their friends.

On the other hand there is a recent show called Bad Mouth, and it might not be for adults or children. Bad Mouth is a show about puberty in teens and pre-teens, with an exaggeration of masturbating and menstruation.

4. adrian3008

adrian3008 New Member

Animated shows such as Brickleberry, Archer, and Boondocks are meant only for adults because of the vulgar language, violence, and sexual content they contain. Such content isn't suited for children even under supervision. Actually, my opinion is that such shows should only be watched by those who are eighteen years and above (mature).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  5. Carlos Kerika

Carlos Kerika New Member

Unless you want to really corrupt you child's brain, I would say keep them off those adult anime movies. I agree their humor is at another level but the sexual and violent content is way too strong for a child to process. Ensure they stick to the happy unicorn animations not the ones that the unicorns are getting killed and eaten :). Animations like he family guy and brickleberry are just, but to name a few, the ones with the most vulgar scripts ever. If you let your kids watch them, am sure at one point in time you will be called names not fit mentioning here.