IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

As a Distance Learner: The Challenges I faced and How I was able to Overcome Them

Discussion in 'Education' started by eafernan, Sep 12, 2017.

1. eafernan

eafernan New Member

As a distance learner, I have experienced challenges far different from when I was in a physical classroom. There were/are too many to mention but the greatest of all the challenges was how I could transcend into a self-regulated and metacognitive learner. I definitely needed to become one so that I could manage my time even though most of the activities are asynchronous and deadlines are pretty bearable and designed for distance learning. Oversight comes especially when you are vulnerable to giving in to your human nature. Before you know it you are already inundated with reading materials. At times you are tempted to entertain ideas on how to do magic; however, I always bear in mind that my learning lies solely on me. So I really make the most of time reading, reading, and reading. I have learned a lot because I have never cheated on myself. It was my choice.

Of course nothing is much greater than relying on the Divine Providence. Above all, He is the one that makes all the things impossible possible should you just fare well in believing in His power. I tell you what. I never fail to ask His guidance before I start doing something and I also never fail to express my gratitude afterwards. It is always Him who I owe so much for having had me do things with flying colors and realize that with Him nothing is really impossible.