IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Bleak future for leading killer diseases?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Onliner, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Onliner

Onliner New Member

It seems like the world's leading entrepreneurs have declared war against any ailments facing the human race. Mack Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and Michael Bloomberg (just to mention a few) have popped out millions of dollars to aid in scientific research aimed at eradicating diseases such as Malaria and polio.

The most notable philanthropic projects are by Mark Zuckerberg and his billionaire counterpart Bill Gates. The Facebook founder and CEO runs a charitable research organization dubbed ChanZuckerberg initiative aimed at eradicating diseases by the year 2100.

On the other hand, Gates has also teamed up with his wife Melinda giving rise to Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Sometimes back, they launched, through their foundation, Global Health Investment Fund with the aim of providing help in various places in the elimination of diseases.The fund also largely targets Third World Countries in it's endeavors .

2. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member

I can't think of a better cause to fight for than eradicating deadly diseases. While I speak (quite loudly) in favor of social programs to help those in need, I also understand that the cause is moot if everyone is dying from Malaria, or what have you.

Unfortunately, the fight is pointless if people continue to refuse vaccinations for their children, or doctor's refuse to use the cures in order to get bonuses from pharmaceutical companies. A cure is only useful if people use it. And people can't use it if they don't have access to it.