IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Cartoon or Realistic drawings?

Discussion in 'Art' started by luispas, Jun 22, 2017.

1. luispas

luispas New Member

I have to say that I love and make both, I just can't decide which one is the best, for me they have the same importance.
    ~The Realistic has much more details, so we need to focus a lot on every little part of the drawing, any line can't be straight.
    ~With the Cartoon style we can make everything simple, we can ignore a few things and there's no necessity to spend a lot of time doing it.
    What's the best style for you? What do you rather to see?
    This drawing was made by me, she's Rem, a character from an Anime.

thumbnail_filename-1-(13).jpg

ShawNee Fields likes this.
  2. ShawNee Fields

ShawNee Fields New Member

Greetings,
    Nice Artwork, I especially love the shape of the face and shading of her hair ! For me, I personally like the realistic form of drawing. It's like seeing a story inside of an actual "photograph" depicting time and space as being and feeling real in the illustration. So, details is a big factor in my life, go figure, haha!

3. Erica

Erica New Member

That's really pretty. I like her hair and the accessories in her hair. I like them both. I think there equally as important. Realism gives us a direct link back to ourselves and its fascinating to see. I think cartoon style is very interesting, entertaining, and can be more artistic in a sense that there are no limitations on the characters that are created. I appreciate both and many different forms of both be it digital or on paper.