IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Dancing as a Workout.

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Brenda, May 11, 2015.

1. Brenda

Brenda New Member

I think this is one of the best workout, you can do. I just lost 50 pounds. Dancing help , I
    just start moving my feet and soon I forget what time it is, 20 min,30 min and sometimes
    40 min have pass. I do not watch that Dancing with the stars show, but a lot of them say
    they have lost weight.

2. AlessMeison

AlessMeison New Member

Its a good exercise i love to dance and helps me a lot with my weight

3. Geeta

Geeta New Member

Dancing is only considered to be a good “cardio” workout by people who don’t know any better. Better improvements in cardiovascular and metabolic conditioning can be achieved more safely and efficiently with high intensity circuit strength training than endurance activities like dancing, while also stimulating improvements in other factors of functional ability like muscular strength, bone and connective tissue strength, etc.

4. mericamarie

mericamarie New Member

The Just Dance games have a Just Sweat part and that is what I have used to work out in the past. It is not only fun but you can choose workouts for your fitness level. Starting out, I had to choose the easier ones but as I built up my endurance I could complete the longer workouts. I plan to begin this workout again as I get ready for my wedding.

5. BloomingThrough

BloomingThrough Member

I love dancing as a workout. Sometimes when people think of working out they think of the gym, running, and weight lifting but dancing makes it fun and unnoticeable. You don't even realize that you are working out because you are too busy having fun. There are many different youtube videos of instructors giving dance workout videos. I love doing these when I'm bored or looking for a good workout for the day.