IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Diabetic Diet

Discussion in 'Health' started by Debruyne, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Debruyne

Debruyne New Member

Diabetes is a metabolic condition that arise when our body cant produce enough insulin or no insulin at all.

Insulin is the hormone that unlocks cells in our bodies for them to recieve blood sugar for the cell funtions.

After digestion,sugar is produced and enters our blood system where cells are supposed to take up and use for energy production. When there is no insulin or not enough insulin which unlocks cells for sugar to enter, sugar accumulates in blood causing diabetes.

2. justmine

justmine New Member

Well I think it's not about the diabetic diet, and more on the reason why or how to become diabetic, but since your topic is all about diabetic diet, I will answer it according to your topic. You're right about the diabetes and the reason to have that. Actually my grandmother has diabetes. That's the reason why we create the diabetic diet exclusive only for her. The recommended foods for her are healthy carbohydrates, fiber rich foods, heart healthy fish, and good fats also. the healthy carbohydrates for her are fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and low-fat dairy products and the fiber rich foods compose of vegetables and fruits also with nuts and whole-wheat flour and wheat bran and for the heart healthy fish are cod, tuna, halibut, salmon, mackerel and sardines. These foods are good for someone who has diabetes and actually the doctor recommend this food also. My grandmother's doctor also remind us about the food to avoid like sodium, cholesterol foods, trans fats, and saturated fats. Having an healthy diet will help a lot just to avoid the diabetes. We should consider the foods specially if we are getting older.

3. nagesh

nagesh New Member

Diabetes is a life style disease one can combat it by changing their food habits. Very recently I heard about a diet plan following this millions of people got rid of diabetes. The diet plan is not for life time it is for a period three months after completing the plan one has to show discipline in their food eating habits. However this plan is not for type 1 diabetes it works for type 2.