IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you drink coffe ?

Discussion in 'Health' started by VidanGraphic, Apr 20, 2015.

1. MBuzma

MBuzma New Member

Occasionally. I do love coffee, but I avoid drinking it regularly since it is addictive and I don't want to fall into the same trap my parents have fallen into. They drink coffee probably 4 -5 times a day and if they don't, headaches follow. A cup of coffee is a must if I'm studying though, since it seems to help my concentration.

Like alcohol, coffee is healthy in small amounts but most people drink way too much.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. LauraHaught

LauraHaught New Member

I just recently gave up coffee, and it took me about a week to slowly move over to Green Tea. I still enjoy a cup every once in a while but for the most part it's just Green Tea. I was amazed by how much energy I could have, and how much better my body feels, just within a short time frame. I thought I would miss it, and go back very quickly but so far so good.

3. marianaps9940

marianaps9940 New Member

Yes, and I love it! But I try not to have more than a cup once a day or I'll end up addicted to it again. I'm not a morning person so most of the time I still need it in the morning before I got to work, I just can't drink it that much. I used to drink coffee 3 to 4 times a day and it would give me tachycardia and I'd get really anxious, it wasn't good for me, but since I stopped drinking that much or even not drink at all some days it's been better. The headache lasted me only for a day, of course it was all day, and it was more of a migraine.

Don't get me wrong, I do think coffee is amazing, not only for the boost of energy it gives you, but also for the taste and the infinite ways you can have it.

4. Haydian

Haydian New Member

We are on the same path, I started drinking coffee when I was 19 years old. My grandmother told me coffee was not for kids, therefore when I started and never stopped. The strength of my coffee all depend on how I am feeling, when I am really tired I will make it stronger. Coffee have its good and its bad just like anything else. So I really don’t think about the bad.

5. tripp72

tripp72 New Member

I didn't used to drink coffee but tried it with flavored creamer about 10 years ago and was hooked. Now I drink two cups of coffee in the morning, one mid-afternoon, and one about 5 o'clock in the evening. I don't have trouble sleeping at night, even with the evening coffee. I can't drink it black though because I don't care for the bitter taste of the coffee itself. My friends often laugh at me because they say I have a creamer and sugar with a touch of coffee.

6. Ahmed

Ahmed New Member

Sure i do drink coffee. As it keeps me active i drink some coffee while starting my day as it keeps me energetic, and helps me avoid becoming lazy,sleepy or inactive. I love coffee for its taste as its tastes really good. I would recommend the stronger the coffee the more tastier it would be, on the other hand i also becomes addictive, and its really hard to quit it also, so a light coffee drinker may not be affected as long as he makes it a habbit.

7. Njonkoa

Njonkoa New Member

Sure do! I love the taste and the smell. It makes me feel relaxed in the afternoon/evening and energized in the morning. I'm addicted.

8. Smaush

Smaush New Member

Only ice coffee, can't stand normal coffee :confused:

9. Melissa T

Melissa T New Member

Yes, I drink it about everyday now. I used to hardly drink it, but now I think I'm kind of addicted. I've lost weight drinking coffee, so now I kind of feel like I don't want to give it up in case the weight comes back.

10. MamoniMaity

MamoniMaity New Member

Yes, I do drink coffee. In fact, I love drinking coffee. It gives me a boost and I get a kick start from coffee. It makes me feel refreshed and rejuvenated. I usually have a cup of coffee before going to bed during the winter nights. It gives a sense of warmth and calmness. I feel I sleep better after a cup of coffee, the reason may be the secondary action of the caffeine or the sensation of warmth itself.

11. sherlylunardi

sherlylunardi New Member

Few years ago, I`m addicted with coffee and always feel that I need my morning coffee. But for now, I prefer drink water or hot lemon in my morning because better for my health.

12. supercat00

supercat00 New Member

When I was a toddler, I went to a pre-school where they gave us a small cup of coffee to drink sometimes. I appreciate the taste, but I have always had a issue with how it makes me feel. Often I become addicted to the alert sensation, making me wake up far more sleepy, grumpy and in need of a cup. I've recently tried "Whole Earth" and like Lovechild85 mentioned Moringa, It contains an ingredient called "Guarana".

Personally I prefer drinking a decaf version of coffee and using glucose tablets when I'm in need of an energy burst.

13. kswan

kswan New Member

Yes, I drink coffee. However; I only like iced coffee. Drinking iced coffee in the morning has become an expensive habit I am trying to break. It is very hard. When I try to go a day without coffee I crave it all day. I need to find an alternative that I really enjoy.

14. mham4u

mham4u New Member

Yes! I love my coffee; I start my day with two cups and often find myself craving coffee throughout the day. Coffee has received bad reviews in the past, but new and emerging research shows there are health benefits to coffee. As I am sitting here writing this post I am starting to crave a cup! I really believe I am immune to it because I can drink a cup one to two hours before bed and still fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. However, if I try to stop drinking coffee, I start to have withdrawals symptoms like headaches and mood swings.

15. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

I do indeed, i don't do it daily but when i have my coffee it's just when i need a backup energy, and it's a perfect one! i dont find it addictive at all!

16. macgirl68

macgirl68 New Member

I absolutely do and don't intend to ever give it up, at least not completely. After having lived in Seattle for several years I must admit that I have become a bit of a coffee snob and there are some kinds you will never get me to drink. A hot summer day would feel incomplete to me without at least one iced coffee.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  17. shanicx

shanicx New Member

I love the taste of coffee,I drink it every once in a while mostly at night with lots of powered milk,I guess that's why it doesn't prevent me from sleeping.
    So if love the taste of coffee or maybe you just want to feel the amazing coffee flavor, you can take your coffee with lots of milk either liquid or powered milk.plenty milk will help to reduce the effect of caffeine in the coffee and also might prevent insomnia.

18. tata143

tata143 New Member

Yes, of course! my coffee every wake up in the morning, kopiko cafe blanca. It has good taste and has a good aroma that relaxes me. When ever I am tired, stressed, sleepy and want to relax, one thing for sure coffee is my best friend to comfort me. It helps me stay awake during long hours of working, it makes me active and mentally alert. Thanks for you my coffee, I could not live my single day without you.

19. plenc

plenc Member

When you drink coffee, you raise the level of acidity in your stomach. That’s often a good thing as an increased acid level helps with the digestion of food. Problems can arise when you drink too much coffee on an empty stomach. The overly acidic gastric juices can irritate the lining of the gut and cause heartburn.caffeine can increase levels of Coriolis, a stress hormone, in stressed individuals. Chronically high levels can trigger excess fat storage, which can lead to obesity.It’s often associated with the jitters so the idea that your coffee habit could be a salve to your daily worries and preoccupations may seem counter intuitive. However, coffee actually stimulates the release of dopa mine. This feel-good chemical elicits feelings of contentment. Is it any wonder that this stuff is free in most offices? HA ha ha. it is a drug believe me. So Yes res yes i Do but still everyone drinks coffee mostly in America.

20. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

I do drink coffee, but is or are a bigger fan of the sweet tea though i don't do the lipton, I find comort in
    the very costly Arizona sweet tea lemon with ginseng if you drink as much as i do you can find yourself
    being in the depths of 7dollars a week which can add up in cost of an coffee or more likely more unhealthy
    then a Starbucks drink maybe. If you ask me yo can never replace a good coffee with a tea.