IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you take care of your teeth ?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Aboelmelg, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Aboelmelg

Aboelmelg New Member

-How do you take care of your teeth ?
    -Brushing your teeth regularly or Flossing it is more important or both ?
    -Avoiding sweets also help ?

Tell me your secret as so many people can't do it properly.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Ankisha

Ankisha New Member

Obviously, I do take care of my teeth. I brush twice a day:D. Hehehe! I am too lazy to do anything which requires time and efforts, to keep my teeth healthy. I keep eating lots of salty snacks and spicy food. I am not so much a fan of sweets, except brownies. But, I don't have them all of the times, just a couple of bites, two times a week.

I am sure, my answer is not going to solve your problem, but I just thought about telling you that I am also the same. I don't know how to take of my teeth properly. Let's find a solution together.:)

3. ashaffer98

ashaffer98 New Member

I brush twice a day, use floss once a day, and mouthwash twice a day. I also use a teeth whitener once a week. I go to the dentist once every six months.

4. badbojus

badbojus New Member

I Brush one time per week probably, all this is because recently I left my girl friend and I really don't care about my teeth in these days. I can't say if my teeth getting worst. Seems everything like before. I drink a lot coffee and tea, i think that is pretty bad for my teeth :D ?

5. knoll2knoll

knoll2knoll New Member

I regularly brush my teeth and use a medicated paste because a salty paste reduces cavity as well as bleeding gums. :D I prefer to brush my teeth after dinner and after breakfast. It is also recommended that always use sterilized gadgets to touch you teeth otherwise it will spoil your teeth. stay healthy and smiling. ;)

6. Andorphin

Andorphin New Member

I do have a restriction diet and I brush my teeth regularly enough. In my opinion and experience, I realized that what I eat also determines the health of my teeth. In other words, when I used to eat lots of junk food and drink soda a couple of years ago, I had pretty unhealthy teeth but now after changing my diet and eating habits my teeth are also getting healthier.

7. mariya94

mariya94 New Member

I do take care of my teeth and brush them twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. My dentist also told me to floss them more, so I started doing that as well. Now I can say that I take very good care of my teeth.

8. djwheel

djwheel New Member

I brush and floss. To me both are important. But, the most important thing is to get a checkup done regularly. My dentist doesn't charge me for a regular checkup, which is great. I can find out if a tooth is developing a cavity and then me and my dentist work on it, so that the tooth can be saved. This in my opinion is the secret to great teeth. After all, everyone brushes their teeth and a lot of people floss too, but that doesn't save their teeth from going bad, does it? The secret is- getting a regular checkup.

9. Gemini8787

Gemini8787 New Member

Yes, I do all the things that the dentist recommends, including brushing twice a day and flossing every night. I also use a mouthwash that my dentist recommended twice a day, and it keeps my breath fresh and my mouth feeling clean. Regular checkups and cleanings are also important for healthy teeth for life.

10. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

Brush twice daily and use a treatment of charcoal (yes actually put the charcoal on your toothbrush and brush!) Helps cleanse mouth, whiten teeth and leave your teeth healthy and strong!

11. debel22a

debel22a New Member

I try to take the best care of my teeth that I can. I brush twice a day, and use a dentist-recommended mouthwash. I've had sealants put on all my molars, which get re-sealed every few years at the dentist's office. The toothpaste I use is a gum-sensitive formula (my auto-immune disease makes me very susceptible to gum bleeding) which also contains fluoride. Outside of that, I get my teeth checked by my dentist regularly, and avoid drinking coffee...that seems to help keep my teeth clean and healthy!

12. D. Finn

D. Finn New Member

This is pretty much all you have to do, really. If you keep up with this every single day, you should have little to no problems with oral health.

13. abonnen

abonnen New Member

I try to take care of my teeth the best way possible, I floss and brush my teeth daily. That being said I am way over due for a dental visit and have multiply dental issues right now. However I have no insurance right now so I am saving money up to go. My teeth look good, but I have a tooth abscess and multiply cavities. It is not due to not taking care of my teeth thought it is due to heredity gum disease, bad dental work and weak enamel problems.

14. colanda howard

colanda howard New Member

I brush my teeth twice a day ,in the morning and at night. My teeth is my everything! I have big white teeth. I floss every now and then. I just heard on the news that flossing was not good for you to do. So really I guess its up to me to decide what if best for my teeth. I think a person teeth makes there face, with a smile or a frown.

15. Mike2016

Mike2016 New Member

My mother at my age had no teeth left and was wearing dentures. I have most of my teeth due to proper oral maintenance. I started to become wise to tooth decay when a few of my teeth started breaking off at the roots. There is only so much a person can do without seeing a dentist, so I brush as much as possible to keep what teeth I have left. I do not like the idea of having dentures.

16. Mandi

Mandi New Member

After avoiding the dentist for years out of pure laziness, I've recently started to go again. There are so many health benefits of a healthy mouth. The biggest thing I've learned recently are the amount of headaches that can be caused by dental issues!

17. HappyKoi

HappyKoi New Member

I unfortunately do not have dental insurance at this time. If I did, I would like to go in for a cleaning. I'm about three years overdue, and even though it can be a little painful if you haven't had your teeth cleaned in awhile, it is worth it in the end. That being said, I brush twice a day and floss every evening. I know that there have been articles posted about how flossing doesn't help one way or the other, but it makes my mouth feel better and it helps keep my breath fresh. I don't whiten, because I've heard that the stuff in whitening strips and creams is rough on your enamel. My teeth seem to be in good health for my age and how often I get them looked at by a dentist, so I'm happy with my care regimen.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

I definitely take care of my teeth. I brush after everything I eat. Not only 2x a day, I brush when I've finished eating meals and snacks. I asked my dentist if the battery operated brushes is better than the manual brushes and he recommended using battery operated brushes for cleaner teeth. I floss when I brush and have dental picks too for getting into the tight spaces of every teeth. I rinse my mouth with mouthwash every time I brush, floss, pick clean my teeth. You'll have more teeth when you take care your teeth. Dental implants cost upwards of $1,000.00 per teeth, so take good care of your teeth to keep your teeth for the alternative is so expensive. Dentures and partials are expensive too.