IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you think education is necessary to become rich?

Discussion in 'Education' started by nemanjanp, Sep 27, 2015.

1. nemanjanp

nemanjanp New Member

As someone who has really high ambitions for himself and his future, I am really doing my best to study as much as possible. My goals are simple, I just want to be rich. But when I think about it, is actually dedicating so much time on your education worth the time? Most certainly, education will be helpful in a goal of having a financially successful life, but what I am trying to say is, are your chances bigger if you simply stop at highschool and start pursuing your dreams?

Hudson, Bobo and bella556 like this.
  2. Sikander

Sikander New Member

No, education only gives you wisdom, intellect,skill, expertise,exposure and career for making your life respectable and good.It is not gateway of becoming rich.Remember, rich people can be educated but educated people can't be always rich.*I will choose the path of business for becoming rich not the education only.

3. arthnel

arthnel New Member

I don't know what your dreams are right now, but I'm absolutely sure they are worth pursuing. Education is key mainly because it provides knowledge and teaches you how to think. Thinking and applying the knowledge makes you wise. Wisdom is what you need to be rich, along with other factors such as persistence and drive, until you make it. My best advise is to stay in school as long as you can, because no-one can take that education away from you.

If you find a way to become successful by pursuing your dream in the present moment, then go for it. Regret at missing an opportunity will stick to you for the rest of your life if you don't. But if you haven't found the way yet, keep searching and asking until a door opens. Until then, Stay in school and get all the education you can.

4. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Education is important to acquire knowledge, intellect, and skill but street smart is as more important asset to be rich. It is essential how you live your life to be successful. There is no overnight success. Hard work and persistent are always an important ingredient to be successful in life.

5. ugochukwu

ugochukwu New Member

Education is not prerequisite for becoming rich. From my observation, most billionaires in dollars have limited education qualification. Richest man on earth, Bill Gate and Facebook top shot, Mark Zuckerberg are Harvard dropout. Acquisition of wealth involves skills and favorable opportunities. Education can help a person secure moderate means. In other words, it makes a person to be employable.

6. iJas

iJas New Member

I think everyone here has answered in the same manner I would. However, I have a few questions to ask?

What are you rich with? Maybe its a certain dollar amount.

I think true richness comes from within. Within the love, experiences, and emotions we share with the people around us.

Wherever your journey takes you, I hope you open your eyes and see how rich the experience was.

Cheers

7. Abdihakim Abdi

Abdihakim Abdi New Member

No, I don't think education is needed to become rich. There are many people that dropped out of school and became entrepreneurs. Most rich people, like Mark Zuckerberg, are entrepreneurs.

If one wanted to become rich, then they would need to learn how money works. Instead of spending money, they use their money on assets. That's how the rich become richer.

There are things that most business schools don't teach. Learning the skills of internet marketing, affiliate marketing, and network marketing is the key to becoming rich.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  8. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

Education is a tool that helps you achieve your goals whether financial or otherwise. The most successful people in business had to go through school to be where they are today. But some like Richard Branson dropped out in high school but they are running successful businesses.

9. userY

userY New Member

College education is not necessary to be rich, but getting the right education is a good start. You don't have to have a degree, but understanding how the world works is crucial. Gaining some skills is also important. Going to school is the mainstream way to get both of these things.

But half of the way to success is knowing what you want, and you already do that. Don't let school get in the way of your education. In other words, the means shouldn't mean more to you than your purpose. I say, go to school, but don't let it distract you.

10. ArtX

ArtX New Member

Education is used by governments to crreate the type of workers they beileve are neessary to operate a country (which is basically a business).
    A lot of political bias is built into the education system in each country.
    One real benefit that can come out of education is the desire to learn more than is offered in the system.
    I have met many uneducated people who are good in business, some of them have become rich too.
    An open and enquiring mind is one of the best things one can develop.

11. Indi5k

Indi5k New Member

That is a difficult question to answer. At first thought I would say "hell no", there are plenty of folks out there that have little to no formal education that are wildly successful. But to be fair graduating from collage always looks great on a resume, it just does. In the same breath nothing compares to the school of life an experience. There are many ways and avenues to become successful, and or build wealth. But more goes into it than just "collage". I'm sure there are some graduates taking orders at your local Wendy's. And we've all witnessed the "rags to riches" stories of people that never even finished highschool. It's all about preparation (however you choose to do so), opportunity, ambition, learning from failures, and in a lot of cases a little luck. All in all I say follow your heart but make sure your brain is in tow!

12. JohnClicker

JohnClicker New Member

nemanjanp, the problem is thate U are too young, don't give up stuying, believe me choose something to study, something you like. The main objetive of stuying is to get to adulthood wiser. Yes U don't need studies to become rich, but believe me it will be easier if U know more, people that don't have studies struggle more in life.

Another important thing about studying, you make a nice network of people. Go and study, is the best thing to do when U are young, and the chicks don't throw that away, the best times in your life.

13. Darla78

Darla78 New Member

I don't think that education is important to become rich but it does make things easier. To become rich, I think that it depends on the individual trying to achieve this goal. There's a saying we used the girls' dressing room, "You've got to want it, to win it....and we want it bad." Question is how bad do you want to be rich.

14. Wilsongirl

Wilsongirl New Member

No education doesn't make you rich but it can help. It's quite unfortunate though that after education you have to go look for an opportunity or create opportunities. When pursuing studies in addition to doing what you love please choose a field that's not populated because it would be harder to find employment; that is my predicament now. So now I have to search for opportunities. So perhaps if you choose a field that pays well then you can be on your way to great wealth

15. Vishesh

Vishesh New Member

I believe education lays a foundation to be efficient and successful in life. Education can provide the opportunity to be financial stable and secure. Education can give one the basis to take upon learn new triads which can bring new opportunities and open new doors. A basic education (reading and writing) can only enhance your ability to be successful in this world. While education can lead to financial stability it is not always the case that is required for a individual to be rich. There are many news available online that report that many people who have had little or no education ended up becoming successful and rich. All of us come to this earth plane with no education. Some have innate abilities like intuition, prediction etc that make up for the lack of education and accolades. Many human beings throughout history have become rich with little or no education. If a individual is talented enough and has the ability to exhibit constant success without education becoming rich is possible.

hhhsquare35 likes this.
  16. Sandy

Sandy New Member

A college degree is very essential for all most all professional courses like doctors, engineers, Chartered accountants, etc, for the reason that perfectionism plays most important role in their profession. It is a fact that these professionals earn better than many people engaged in different trades.

Whereas, becoming rich is not a prerogative of the above category of professionals only. There are rich people in almost all walks of life, like businessmen, actors, technocrats, etc.

You need not feel surprised if you find an affluent man in beggars, because many of them also earn well in their profession and make good money!

17. Cheeaka

Cheeaka New Member

More-so than the actual subjects being taught in class every day, I respect school for the overall experience that it is, but also for the life skills that one gleans from their time there.

College is a great place for a young adult to learn how to handle the daily, serious grind of work in the real world.

That being said, if you already have a good work ethic, and don't need the constant grind of school to teach it to you (some people need school to teach them the basic life skill of "regular attendance"), if you feel like you are very intellectually gifted and don't need a college degree to thrive in the field of your choice, if you are independent and a go-getter, then you can probably 'make it' without formal higher education.

You only have a small window of opportunity to be 'a kid', and a lifetime to be an adult, so I say enjoy your youth, with attending college being a part of that.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  18. bella556

bella556 Member

I think you should go to college to have the background in order to go after your dreams. Another thought to this is to find an internship for your education. You can use the contacts to network who just might be willing to help you achieve your dreams. Still preparation is the key for becoming rich.

19. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree Wongwanlee New Member

If education is defined as formal schooling, then I would say it has no connection with getting rich. If being highly educated is a pre-requisite to becoming rich, then the professors in the universities would be some of the richest people in the world. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. To become rich requires a set of skills which are not usually taught in schools. Schools teach the children to conform. Rich people don't get their wealth from conforming. On the contrary, they get rich by being unconventional. They make their money by doing things which other people don't do. Of course, just being the odd man out does not guarantee riches. It's being different in the right way that makes a lot of money.

keepcanhey likes this.
  20. Amanda Kaufman

Amanda Kaufman New Member

I used to think that education and wealth were not linked; that no connection existed between them. Now that I have entered the workforce, with only a high school education, I realize how important education is in relation to wealth. The reason I say this is simple: education offers one thing that is distinctly associated with wealth. That thing is an ever-present fundamental to the very American spirit or ideal. This element to which I refer is none other than freedom of choice. Yes, freedom of choice is not just the principle that has been the reason for countless wars, it is also a luxury of the wealthy. With education comes options. In the workforce, in life, in everything. In turn, those options give one the freedom to make choices. In today's day and age, education is especially important, because it allows for better jobs, which leads to more choice. Therefore, stay in school!