IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you watch the news on the TV?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by akshaychouhan785, Oct 3, 2017.

1. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785 New Member

I'm 23 and I watch the news and read the newspaper regularly.
    The news is mainly the thing I watch on TV nowadays. I also get 2 different newspapers in the mail regularly, one local and then the WSJ which covers national and global things. It's always important to stay up to date.

Although many people avoid watching the news but I feel like an understanding of current events is so important nowadays. Information is power. If you take in information from all sides of an argument and come to your own conclusions, you have the power to shape society.

Please let me know your views in this regard!

flex and DBonagura like this.
  2. lucykey

lucykey New Member

Getting enough information is very important for everybody. For me to get the current and trending news I like watching news on TV. I like being current by watching the latest news. This enables know what is happening around me.I noticed many people don't like to watch news on TV maybe because they are overwhelmed with work or are busy with their errands. But it is not necessary to watch news on TV alone but also through the newspapers or the email.

akshaychouhan785 likes this.
  3. Lala Vincent

Lala Vincent New Member

I do watch news regularly on my tv (e.g BBC,CNN Al Jazeera etc).This is due to the fact that in the tv,there are actual people who read the news and videos which keeps me glued as opposed to the boring letters that are in the internet.

The analysts who are also brought regularly in the tv stations are also another major reason as to why I watch the news.They can expound on matters that I wouldn't fathom fully if I would have just read the news somewhere.

Thank you so much for giving me a chance to air my view on this matter.

akshaychouhan785 likes this.
  4. percylee

percylee New Member

I watch news on tv especially on Al Jazeera because I find their documentaries very informative. I rarely read newspapers anymore because I have the internet and can easily find a website to inform me on current affairs. I just feel it is easier to get my news through the internet and much more convenient for me as well.

5. Christinenj

Christinenj New Member

I am 22 and I rarely watch news on my TV. I personally find the media to be selective. The news that are reported in my country Kenya are mostly political news which is not an interesting topic for me.
    I prefer going to the internet and watching news that really interest me from sites like Mpasho.com. There i can choose the kind of news i want to know like celebrity news and breaking news excluding the political ones.

6. elenaalcongerardo

elenaalcongerardo New Member

Back to when I'm in highschool, I'm a journalist itself. I was the news writer. At first, News for me is so boring but when I was given the task, I have no choice but to watch news. Then after that every morning and night I always watch news on TV. However there are times when I can't watch especially when I'm at work. So I watch on internet instead. Although I prefer to watch it on a television for I am bias with a certain TV network.

7. michaepost

michaepost New Member

Watching news on tv is the last thing i would ever do on my leisure time, because am always bored watching news. am always angry whenever my dad changes the playing channel to cnn. I dont know why but I have always hated news all my childhood times.

8. ion

ion New Member

Hey guys, I know it's out of the topic but, for the new members right? did you have a notification when you done the 10 post? or same as to me that just waiting for the email for the confirmation? I already done my 10 post and actually I make it 12 just to make sure, but I still don't receive a notification, instead I'm just waiting for the email now. And it's almost 24 hours now, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, that's why I'm still worrying.

9. elenaalcongerardo

elenaalcongerardo New Member

Back to when I'm in highschool, I'm a journalist itself. I was the news writer. At first, News for me is so boring but when I was given the task, I have no choice but to watch news. Then after that every morning and night I always watch news on TV. However there are times when I can't watch especially when I'm at work. So I watch on internetinstead. Although I prefer to watch it on a television for I am bias with a certain TV network.

10. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

I do watch news on TV ,and everyone in my home is very fond of them. I hardly buy newspapers but I follow most of the media groups on twitter and I can read breaking news. Right now in my country,there is alot of politics going on that is affecting the economy and safety of people, we have to watch the news all the time to be briefed on events happening.We are also going through general elections and news is almost essential for us right now.

Some people avoid watching news because they say it magnifies on the negative events of the world and hardly recognizes positive events. Others say that it is full of lies and propaganda meant to control people's mind. But ultimately I think it is important to know what is going on around you and in the world.

11. Monique ST Lewis

Monique ST Lewis New Member

I watch the news everday and i am not happy with the condition of the world. The worls is in a constant state of war and poverty. Not all important matters are portrayed on the media. I find the media to be biased. There is an agenda behind everything that is reported. I feel that the media is used to desensitize people to they are told what to think and feel about issues. The news can be a powerful weapon without many people realising it.

12. Pearl88

Pearl88 New Member

As part of my daily routine in the morning, I always watch the morning news on FOX as I am getting myself ready to go. I mainly watch the news for the weather conditions, local events that are going on in my area as well as the traffic update which is the most important to me. I watch the nightly news as well before bed to catch up on the things that happened throughout the day while I was out taking care of my business. Kind of like getting a full report of the day. Also, I like to know what to expect for the following morning.
    Watching the news can be very entertaining at times, but the majority of it is full of bad and sad news than good. It can really be depressing at times. There are way too many murder stories, kidnapping, robbery etc. being reported on the news day, evening and night. I really do not enjoy watching it as much and try to avoid it when I possibly can. It's just a really good and quick way to get the information I need for the weather and traffic updates while I'm getting ready for the day or planning for the day in the coming future.

When it comes to reading the news in a newspaper it's just so boring to me. I don't even remember the last time I've actually had a newspaper let alone read one. I don't exactly believe everything that the news puts out there anyways. But yes I do watch the news temporarily just to get the information that I need to know. The news is everywhere.

13. naknak_datu

naknak_datu New Member

Yes. I always watch the news on TV on a regular basis. For me it is important to know the news and the latest updates of what's happening around us. Especially nowadays a lot has happened to our community or in our world right now. We have this group of terrorists called the ISIS. This group has been on the headlines each and everyday. We also have this war on drugs, especially here in the Philippines. There is this nuclear threats from North Korea and the list goes on. That is why we people need to be more vigilant and know what is it happening really to our world right now.

14. samambo

samambo New Member

I do watch news regularly since it keeps me in perspective with the current happening in the world. News is keeps since its makes you relevant to the current happening in the society and it can help to make decisions to your every day life

15. CJI1003

CJI1003 New Member

I watch TV news, listen on the radio and also read papers (online and physical papers). I find it interesting the way different people interpret the same piece of news, especially when it is politically motivated, what one person thinks is a great idea, others complain constantly about. It amuses me. I also think it is good to get different perspectives, that way you can make a more informed decision of your own.

16. Den Denoh

Den Denoh New Member

I always take time to watch news especially the 9 p.m news. I mean its always essential to know whats happening in the country and around the world.

We live in a world where information is easily accessible on various avenues and me thinks that on television its always a plus. I mean sound and video all at once for free! Thats definetly a plus.

john kimani likes this.
  17. ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR

ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR New Member

Yes off course, I really watch news on the TV because it gives a lot of information on what is happening all over the world. Watching news on TV is always my daily routine to be updated regarding on politics and other issues that the world faces. I think every person in this world love to watch news on TV due to it's beneficial factor. Because of this many of us are becoming informative and becoming aware of the global trends. I would really recommend this practice not just for the adults but as well as to the millennials.

18. Anachiwo

Anachiwo New Member

When it comes to getting the best insight of the news and information as it unfolds, television news seems to be the most viable means to getting that. There are several television news stations that are very effective and efficient in airing news and events as they take place without doctoring the information. The first hand information and quality of the news of television stations is what actually makes me to have a soft spot for its usage in getting access to information news and events.

There are three television news stations that I only make use of whenever getting news information is involved, and they are Aljazera, CNN and BBC. Aljazera is my favorite among all the television news network stations. Their news packaging and delivery is so well done that they made me fall in love with mass communication and journalism. Their studio quality as well as news presentation is highly rated among other media stations in my personal point of view.

I still read newspapers once in a while but I would like to point out that it's mostly sports newspapers that I could easily make out time to read. The reason why I don't stress myself looking for any other news information in the newspapers is because both the local and foreign news about my state affairs and other cases and events around the world are covered in the television news. So therefore, why stress up myself by trying to read it up in the newspapers?

Although, recently I hardly listen to news now on television. Most of these media news stations now have mobile applications that would give the user who downloaded the software all the services and features the stations offer in the television and even more. At this very moment, I have the application of Aljazera, CNN, BBC and Channels all installed in my phone and tablet devices.

The convinence these news stations applications offers makes it so easy to have access to news and information anywhere and anytime you desire to get such information without having the need to switch on a television or needing electricity. With just one click on the station news application installed in the phone device, one is just seconds away from accessing all the information as it breaks on the news network.

19. sansa

sansa New Member

Yes, I do watch news on TV. I prefer watching news on TV rather than reading it on newspaper. I'm a visual person so I like watching current events on TV. I often read newspaper maybe because I'm not an imaginative person. It was kind of hard to me imagine things what's really happening on the news so I would rather see it on TV than punishing myself reading on newspaper. So if you enjoy reading newspaper feel free to read but if not just turn on the TV or whatever gadgets you have to watch the news. Though reading newspaper would help your mind working to avoid having complications on your brain. I admire those people who still read newspapers and books in spite of new technology they still prefer to read. They say if you're a bookworm reader you're a genius that's why I'm not a genius because I hate reading. I'm not used to read a lot when I was a kid that's why I don't enjoy reading. But hopefully I'll learn to appreciate reading because it's a good habit and I could learn a lot of things by reading.

Even though the internet invented, I hope that newspaper wouldn't phase out because it's still nice to read from time to time. I've read in some articles that reading newspaper or books would help you to avoid having Alzheimer's disease because it helps to have sharp memory. So I guess those things are still helpful even if we are facing new technology today. Old-fashioned ways would never be outdated.

20. Gee Wanjiru

Gee Wanjiru New Member

Yes I do watch TV news. I like to update myself on what is happening in my country and in the world. Lately though, I have been deliberately avoiding news for a number of reasons. The first reason being that 2017 has been a political campaign and elections year. The news since May 2017 to /August 2017 was the same kind of news, political campaigns and politicians selling their manifestos over and over, this got me a little bored. After elections in August I thought things would change for the better but elections had to be nullified and the political and economical stale mate begun and the news was the same i.e. there was nothing new in the news until again after another election and now Christmas season. In my country the only news in December seemed to be accident news and that breaks my heart and so I decide to boycott news altogether.