IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Does losing games frustrate

Discussion in 'Games' started by Milay, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Milay

Milay New Member

Does anyone else ever get frustrated when a game starts getting hard and you are unable to advance to the next level or you just keep losing. There's this thing inside of me that keeps urging me to keep going and not give up. But my frustration gets the better of me and I stop playing for a while.

2. domanchus

domanchus New Member

It's absolutely normal. Nobody is amazing at a game the minute they start playing it, that's why it takes time and skill to get better. If you're bad at a game, the only way to get good is finding your flaws and fixing them. A mistake tons of gamers make is they try to avoid something they're not good at. If you really want to push yourself, you have to engage in the parts you aren't performing well to get better at them.

3. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Member

That's the thing with competitive games. It's satisfying when you're the one winning but it's very frustrating when you're the one suffering a loss. Like @domanchus said, you have to get better at it. You'll have to review your last game and look at the things that you've done wrong or some aspects of your gameplay that you need to improve.

Once you fixed your flaws, you will see that you will win more games. Also, if you are playing team games, remember not to flame your teammates if they do something wrong because it will only throw them off their game even more. Instead, encourage them and praise them if they make a good play. :)

4. Wilderness

Wilderness New Member

@Milay
    You are not alone and apart. I can catch a glimpse of what you are trying to convey. A game is all about the thrill of victory and who doesn't want to experience it anyway. Who wants to be on the defeating panel or experience agony? When we commence a game, our efforts are towards winning it. When we do not see ourselves reaching the goal, frustration develops within. Victory is always cherished because it gives the feeling of contentment and superiority.

When we play a game, we go through a roller coaster emotions where we may experience the thrill of victory or distraught of defeat. We get bested and knocked off when frustration develops. The reason is that we let our emotions control us and this makes our actions clumsy. Thus, we start losing as soon as we witness an announcement of beating. Actions become classy as well as precise when we learn to control our emotions.

5. lenmanalang

lenmanalang New Member

Losing is part of the game. In a game, there is no assurance that you will win. I think that it is normal for people to get frustrated when they lose. It feels disappointing but always remember losing is one proof that you are trying. As David Sirlin once said, If you never lose, you are never truly tested, and never forced to grow. Maybe you lost because something is wrong and you can still fix it before trying the game again. Try and try until you succeed. You can win, maybe not today but a time will come

6. Booker

Booker New Member

Definitely yes, losing games makes me get frustrated especially when I'm on losing streak. This is the reason why I take a break playing the game, but after a little break, I start playing it again to try it again. Try and try until you succeed is my motto while playing games. They said that there's a reason of losing because it is not your day at that time or maybe you do it wrong all the time.

7. Abhishek

Abhishek New Member

Yes, everyone get frustrated at least once no matter how good he/his plays but its absolutely normal to feel as this shows how badly you want to play good.

8. khris

khris New Member

It's normal to be frustrated, that's part of the game. No one like's to lose right. Loosing is part of the game specially if your opponent is good or more experience than you. What we need is sportsmanship, sometimes we lose sometimes we win. Losing can help us if we know how to learn from our mistakes, it help us to improve more. And the most important part is enjoy don't take it seriously.

9. swooshmoney

swooshmoney New Member

It is totally normal to be mad or frustrated. Games wouldn't be fun if they weren't hard or difficult. No one would have any urge to keep playing. Being able to stay calm while going through a frustrating experience is a great skill to have. The more you lose in the level, the more you learn about it which makes it easier. You will be able to eventually beat the level.

10. Youngshark

Youngshark New Member

I can totally relate with what all of you guys are saying. But just like @swooshmoney has put it the fun is generated in having to experience the difficulty in breaking the levels. Once you gain more skills you are able to proceed to the next difficulty and experience even more frustrations.

It is even more disheartening if you have some heartless gaming buddies. Those are the kind who want to watch each and every replay as they spite you.

11. Runnercam

Runnercam New Member

Depends on what game I am playing. If it is something like Fortnite or Player Unknowns Battle Grounds and I am far into the match then I get pretty mad when I die and have to restart all over again. Its most of the time just part of the game.

12. liacg

liacg New Member

I completley relate! Whenever I get stuck on a level, no matter it be a RPG or a simple puzzle solving game, I just get so frustrated. I am slightly ashamed that my frustration often results in rage-quiting, and sometimes I even go as far as even deleting the game itself.