IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Effect of music on us!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Haroon Rasheed, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

Music affects the brain in many positive ways.It makes you smarter,happier and more productive at any age.Music is a fantastic brain exercise that activates every known part of the brain.Science has now proven that listening to upbeat music can improve your mood.Music can make you feel more hopeful and powerful.If you are going through tough time,listening to sad music is cathartic.It can help you get in touch with your emotions to help you heal.Listening to music increases the neurotransmitter dopamine.Listening to music can reduce anxiety,depression and bloodpressure.
    Do you agree?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha New Member

I agree that music has many effects on us and that these effects could be both positive and negative. The negative effects of music on us is that it could make us hate something about ourselves especially if the lyrics is full of mockery against something we do or love. Another negative effect of music on us is that it can make us drown in a world of fantasy and refuse to accept the reality especially when we get so addicted to music.
    The positive effects of music on us is that we can avoid all these negative effects by listening to the right music. The right music has the power to heal us, make us happy and also to cry for the right reasons.

Lioniixx piixx likes this.
  3. Lioniixx piixx

Lioniixx piixx New Member

In this day and age, it's nearly impossible to come across a human being that is not effected in the slightest by music, through my personal experience and over the years i have noticed how greatly music impacts my mood as well as alter my emotions, regardless how much pain i'm in it can light up my mood in an instant and can as well remind me of difficult situations and periods of my life in which i was relatively sad. Music can also help with several medical and mental issues such as anxiety and depression.

mildredtabitha likes this.
  4. meensusa

meensusa New Member

@Haroon Rasheed , I agree with you completely. Personally, music has a great impact on me. It can change my mood upside down. When I feel lonely, depressed or sad, music is the only companion for me. It has helped a lot to relieve my stress and bring my strength back.

Music is a very good relaxation for our mind. But hearing music while driving a car or bike, is little risky. It may disrupt our concentration and may cause accidents. So we should make sure that the music is not causing any kind of distraction for us while driving.

5. ACEP

ACEP New Member

Music affects our brains in so many ways, it can affect our moods and emotions. Music is a free therapy for everyone, it can help people cope with physical pain. Sometimes, it helps us to be more creative, expand our imagination and be more productive. Also, it can help us improve our motor and reasoning skills which involve understanding and analyzing visual information.

Music is life indeed.

6. roldya

roldya New Member

Yes. I think music can definitely affect our mood and our thinking. The effects can be positive or negative.

Example, it affects kids definitely! Gangsta rap should not be allowed to be listened to by kids, it makes them feel that guns, violence, knives etc are cool and they'll do anything to be cool! I think in adults it's different. I mean I could listen to something with vile lyrics but I know better than to go out and re-enact them!

Some people listen to music to calm their emotions and to make them feel relaxed. This calms them down and makes them act nicer towards other people (usually).

7. Carmilina

Carmilina New Member

Music helps us to relax and make us forget our problems for a while. I've been going through a lot of problems lately and music is my refuge. It's very therapeutic and makes me sleep sometimes.

8. silentzero07

silentzero07 New Member

Music gives inspiration to the people even it is just a simple music it still gives unusual and mysterious effects to us because when I listen to music my pain and sadness are lessen each every timeI played music. When there is someone that I know that has felt so lonely and has too many kinds of problems I always approach them and talk and in a few moments I play music to enjoy and make him/her smile even it is not that awesome like the others wanted and the music I used to play is the old songs because the content of its lyrics is very useful and helpful unlike the current songs. So for me the effects of music to us is very useful which we need to have because it makes us feel that even though there is no one there to comfort you, help you, or talk to you at least there is a music that always makes us keep on living.

9. Kelly King

Kelly King New Member

Well it all depends on the kind of music and my mood. Personally, I listen to rock and metal, pop punk, and acoustics, that is, if I must limit my choices. I always listen to rock and a whole lot of metalcore. To get pumped up, I listen to rock and metal, sometimes more ’80s metal than modern. To help when I’m feeling down, I listen to acoustic and pop punk. When angry, I listen to metalcore.

Music is simply a force that cannot be explained. It messes with our heads, it makes us feel different emotions, sometimes even physically changes us.

Achilles likes this.
  10. Ronah7385

Ronah7385 New Member

Have you ever heard the movie "Trolls"? It's a cartoon movie that my child always watching. The trolls are always singing, dancing, and hugging. The movie entails that when we are singing, the more we puts positive attitude at ourselves.

I mean music has effect on me as an individual. Simply because other songs implies great lyrics and or tunes that's so clear and concise. I can relate to other music by my experiences. The more I listen to music the more I find positivity within.

11. professor200

professor200 New Member

Journals published by neuro-scientists have explained that music has a special connection with the brain. It expounded that music changes how we process and assimilate information. The construal level theory also argued that there is a chain between how we priotize distant programs and how abstractly we construe them.

Music has been found to deeply stimulate patterns of thoughts and sensations in listeners. They can also help to invoke lost memory, grief, sadness and joy. Music can captivate ones attention, heighten our moods and influences one’s decision on the long run. This can easily be seen in children dancing to a song.

Music helps to create peak emotions which release neural-hormone called dopamine which is at the brain pleasure center.

Regular and constant listening to music gradually changes our mindset and influences our reasoning faculty due to the brains neuro-plastic nature.

12. ion

ion New Member

Well for me, it will boost your Adrenalin to do something, you will get motivated and productive to the things that you really wanted to do. Music also will help you not feel the pain, forget everything, and helps you to be more focus on what ever you're doing right now. It will help you also to clear your mind, and not to become over thinker. And there's some study also said that our body needs the music to ease the pain and to cure the depression, that's why they conducted or doing some music therapy to some patient get a lot of positive results.

13. Richard

Richard New Member

@Haroon Rasheed I agree music has away of activating our damaged souls,depressed mind,anxienty & blood pressure. Music is a universal language that speaks into our souls irregardless of the language used. Moreover,the beats,trembles & the message of the songs massages our broken hearts,also music has away of bringing up good memories,encouragement,streagth to live into our hearts hence reducing anxienty,blood pressure. In addition every favourite songs brightens our souls & breathes live into our body for weak. Lastly music is also used in hospitals to make patient feel comfortable & cared.

14. Shellyann36

Shellyann36 New Member

Music is a must for me. I listen to music every day. Most of the time I just surf the stations and find a song that is appealing to me at that time. If I am feeling nostalgic, I will listen to some of that great 80's big hair band rock or even pop from that era. I have found that several of the musicians I listened to in the 80's and 90's from rock and pop genres have now turned into country artists. It is funny to see how the lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish (Darius Rucker) is now a solo country artist. Another example of this is the lead singer of the group Staind (Aaron Lewis) threw his hat into the country arena as well.

Music means a lot for me. It can enhance my moods and brings me up when I am feeling down. Some songs do remind me of bad times and they will make me cry but I don't think that is a bad thing. It is good to look back and think about those things and make sure you don't repeat the same mistakes over. Crying can be therapeutic and not all bad memories should be left to wither away.

Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I tune in some of my favorites. Music is a part of my life and the lives of my children.

15. bware

bware New Member

The effect of music to me is really great, it helps me to get motivated when I feel tired and exhausted from work. Music also helps me to ease the pain and forget all of my problems in life. It's also cure my insomnia by listening to some flute musics or instrumental sounds. And the music also helps me to ignore the people around me if I want to be alone in a crowded place, It also brings me to the place where I want to be by only listening to my favorite music. but my suggestion is if you're sad and lonely, don't ever try to listen to sad music, it won't help. There some study also that the music therapy will help you to improve your mind for better decision.

16. Onesmus

Onesmus New Member

Well,Music can be described as one of the most treasured human expereinces .Everyone enjoys music and this becomes more apparent in every significant event from weddings,funerals ,graduation ceremonies,etc.

No matter what it is used for,music is the perfect art and our lives would be incomplete without it.Music is important to creativity as it is considered to be one of the best ways to enter a mind-wandering mode.Music makes learning more fun and engaging which is a great tool for memorization.Generally music is very important in day to day life of human being