IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Gameplay vs graphic, which important?

Discussion in 'Games' started by izhar, Nov 6, 2016.

1. izhar

izhar New Member

Hye all,

regarding game play vs graphic..which that you prefer?..

Because many independent game maker focus more on game play than the graphic.For me sometime i go more for graphic, the more eye candy the game..the better..

2. Igor Jovanovic

Igor Jovanovic New Member

I think that both of them matter, but to me gameplay is kind of more important. You can have nice graphics and all, but what is the use of it if the gameplay is bad. On the other side, if the graphics are bad and gameplay really good, it would still be playable, but not with much enjoyment.

To me, a good game is a combination of quality gameplay and nice graphics.

stephenP likes this.
  3. stephenP

stephenP New Member

I agree with you Igor Jovanovic, I say both because i am looking forward to the new God Of War game and I know it will look good, but
    I can't wait to see where they will take the story from where they left off. Uncharted 4 is a good example of great story and beautiful graphics.
    There are too many good looking games with bad game play and glitches that take you out of the whole experience.

4. Residays

Residays New Member

I'm disagreeing with you three because I've always prefered gameplay over graphics, I mean what's the point of having a beatiful looking game if you can't do anything functional on it because the game is massively broken with glitches? I respect the balance on both, but for me graphics don't matter at all. Heck, even games like agar.io are fun, and they're just circles.

5. SammieSamSam

SammieSamSam New Member

I think neither. it is about the user experience. so it depends on if you like the game, not the graphics or the gameplay.

6. Kamikaze

Kamikaze New Member

Both are important however arguably gameplay is a lot more important. Games have been successful focusing on either one, but usually games that have both do the best (see Crysis franchise)

7. AO6

AO6 New Member

Both gameplay and graphics matters but gameplay is the real deal. Just think if the graphics were realistic but the game was lagging and fps were dropping down, controls were not working leading to frustration.

I'll conclude by giving an example: Counter Strike 1.6 and Condition Zero are still loved by millions of people today

8. Ankith

Ankith New Member

I would say without each other either of them won't do well . A good game depends on game play and it's level of detailing ( Graphics). What would say when you think of GTA 5 with 90's graphics or beautiful graphics with buggy game play? Either wouldn't do any good.

Game play , Graphics and Story line are the golden points in any game. Although we can neglect the story line graphics and Game play are integral parts of a game if not , to a gamer.

izhar likes this.
  9. izhar

izhar New Member

The higher level of graphic..the higher amount off money need to fork out for the graphic card..haha..

10. writerruth

writerruth New Member

Graphics are great and definitely have their place, but that will not stop me from playing classic "old school" games such as Wonderland Adventures and the like. They are just too much fun. :D

11. izhar

izhar New Member

Wow!!...at my country, rarely we see women playing games...;)