IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Getting Severe Headaches Lately

Discussion in 'Medical' started by faithb, Apr 19, 2015.

1. faithb

faithb New Member

For three consecutive days, I've been experiencing severe headaches. I cannot find a probable cause of the headache so I am starting to get worried and paranoid about it. Lack of sleep is not a probable cause since I always get 8-10 hours of sleep. Yesterday afternoon, my sister and I went to the beach and we had to go home right away because of my headache. I felt relief after drinking a tablet for headaches.

I am really worried and I hope this is not serious (I really do hope so). Has anyone of you experienced consecutive headaches before?

2. MrZekrom

MrZekrom New Member

Try to rest your body in the meantime, refrain from doing works and chores. Even though you're getting enough sleep, it's still not enough if you're overworking yourself. I had experienced consecutive headaches too, and my doctor said that it's due to stress and fatigue. Try staying at home and give your body some time to recover, it will be relieved gradually.

3. abbey

abbey Member

Worrying about it may be the reason why its getting severe. First, stop being paranoid, take a lot of water and if you can, use some garlic. It works..

4. Goodwin17

Goodwin17 New Member

I have been having headaches for 4 solid months now. It appears that I have migraine headaches, and I will be going to a neurologist tomorrow to see what can be done to help them.

Some questions to ask yourself are what makes the headaches worse/better, are they only on one side of your head, does the headache change your vision, do you feel nauseated with them, does it help to be in a dark room, or does too much or too little caffeine make a difference.

If you continue to have these headaches, I would suggest you see a doctor for a general physical exam.

5. Kumari

Kumari New Member

Getting severe headaches lately is everyone's complain in this fast paced life. Simple reason behind this headache is today's stressful life. We all are on a constant go 24/7. Not eating right food at right time, not drinking enough water, eating junk food all the time, watching a lot of TV, not getting enough sleep, unnecessary thinking and worrying about things that we cannot control, bipolar weather, and hectic lifestyle are some of the reasons for getting severe headaches.

I get severe headaches when I feel stressful and frustrated.

6. Mehak Vasishta

Mehak Vasishta New Member

Headaches are one of the most annoying medical conditions out there. I get them frequently and I totally understand how you feel. What I can recommend to you, is drinking plenty of water. Its not comforting that Doctor's have not found what causes headaches, however staying hydrated makes a difference.

7. sabrina

sabrina New Member

I get headaches three to five times a week. Yes it is unusual and I have no idea as to why it happens. The doctor said it is caused by my sinus but i think it has more to it. However, it is the most annoying experience especially when you have tried various medications that wont work.

8. jonesfred823

jonesfred823 New Member

I have experienced a lot of migraines before and I found out the reason was because I needed glasses. I see in your case that you're getting enough sleep, have you considered the reason may be due to your need for eyeglasses? Or have you ruled that out? You must go to the doctor and have that headache checked if it really is bothering you.

9. proudmommy819

proudmommy819 New Member

I have experienced that before and for months at a time. I was diagnosed with serve migraines. That's what it sounds like you are having. You might want to go see you doctor or a neurologist. Those can get worst if not treated and if caught early they can be prevented most of the time. Hope this is helpful. I feel your pain,

10. laurie123

laurie123 New Member

I don't get to many headaches, but when I do it's a migrane, so I know how it feels. I can't imagine having headaches like that all the time! What works for me is rest, no tv, no computer or cell phone. Try to get into a dark place and close eyes and sleep.

11. Cmjblue

Cmjblue New Member

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from these severe headaches. Lately, I have been experiencing the same problem. I found that my problem was due to a lack of sleep, I am a proud night owl and love to work until the sun comes up! Perhaps you should check to see if you are drinking enough water, dehydration could be a problem. Most time the culprit could be stress and just a lack of relaxation and calm. Your headaches could be also caused by the foods you are eating. Chocolate, cheese and caffeine from coffee or tea consumption could be causing the irritation. This summer heat could be an issue also. Whatever is causing your discomfort it's best not to self diagnose, just visit your health care provider and he can tell you exactly what the problem is.

12. lana0912

lana0912 New Member

I was suffering from severe headaches for decades. Doctors did not know what was with me at the end they diagnose was headache before the rain, or storm.Reaction to severe change of weather.
    Few years ago, at the morning bbc program i have heard a story that the cause to severe headaches of my kind is drinking coffee. So i stopped drinking it. I had a terrible headaches for day and a half. And never ever again after that day.If your case is like mine try it. That is if you drink coffee.

13. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji New Member

There's a few things that can cause headaches but i'll address some of the more easier ones to take care of. Make sure you're drinking enough water each day, you can actually get headaches from dehydration. As mentioned above, getting enough sleep helps but it has to be restful sleep! Try a GABA supplement to help relax your nerves at night to get really good sleep. Another one that is overlooked is tension along the neck/shoulders, which can cause headaches, these can happen due to how you sleep or however you're moving your head around daily. As well as headaches from wisdom teeth and or sensitive teeth, make sure you get those checked out!

14. ugochukwu

ugochukwu New Member

Why not see a doctor? Headache may be a signal to underlying serious health issue. I think the best solution is to terminate the root cause of the headache . Taking analgesic drugs can reduce the pain temporary but it may have severe adverse effect. Excessive intake of pain killers drugs can damage liver. Clinical test have proved that analgesic can increase heart attack and affects kidney functionality. Remember, any consumption of drug without doctor's prescription is drug abuse. Help yourself by taking positive steps.

15. elmer dapula

elmer dapula New Member

First things first. Go to a doctor because he/she will be the one to answer or help you with your problem.
    Here in my country there's a proverb "Don't worry about your problem, Let your problem worry to you".

vanessa pajalla likes this.
  16. Seelya

Seelya New Member

Sorry To Hear About Your Pains. I Suffer From Migraine Headaches So I Know Very Well About The Pain, When My Headaches Are Bad They Even Affect My Eyes, Meaning My Eyes Hurt Too.

I Think You Should Go To The Doctor Just To Be On The Safe Side. In The Mean Time, Try To Keep Hydrated ( Drink Enough Water), Cut Off Caffeine For A While To See If It Is The Cause Of Your Headache. Limit Your Exposer To The Sun Too To See If That Makes A Difference. Keep Your Body Cool As Overheat Could Cause Headaches.

You May Not Have Migraine But The Things I Mentioned Above Tends To Trigger It Off. Hope You Find Relief Soon.

17. Aboelmelg

Aboelmelg New Member

You should see a doctor as there are so many causes of headache and some are serious. The main causes :
    -Alcohol
    -migraine
    -excessive smoking
    -sever stress
    -insufficient sleep

So, that's why you should visit a doctor.

18. Indi5k

Indi5k New Member

Wow, the irony of running into this thread. I too recently have been having headaches or migraines constantly. Almost every other day for maybe a month or so. With that being said I found some things that help most of the time. I start off by taking two excedrin migraine tablets, if I get no relief from that I then get an ice pack and place it on my neck forehead, and sometimes shoulders wherever I can feel the tension starting. My next step is usually coffee or a Pepsi because caffeine has been proven to relieve headaches. Last week when all else failes I found myself in a bright emergency room with the worst migraine I've ever had come to find out my blood pressure was high. Headaches are nothing to play with, try what I suggested but if I were you I would definitely seek medical attention from my family doctor. Be well

19. BigDreamer

BigDreamer New Member

Stressing over the headache may be one of the causes of the headaches.
    Stress headaches are very common.
    I have found that if I get a headache, it's normally because I have not had enough water to drink, or have not had caffeine.
    I drink a glass of water then grab a coke. My headache usually goes away after that.

20. Judy Green

Judy Green New Member

I have suffered from migraines for 35 years, since I was in kindergarten. I have noticed that they are worse in times that I am having a lot of stress. My symptoms have range from throbbing pain to nausea and spotty vision. There have been days that I could not lift my head off the bed due to severe pain.

If this is new for you, I would suggest seeing your doctor and getting it checked out. Although migraines are pretty common, there are some very scary diagnosis that may be bringing uncommon ones on.