IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Global Warming

Discussion in 'Science' started by bipin, Jan 25, 2018.

1. bipin

bipin New Member

NASA satellite instruments revel the Earth's polar ice capes have not received at all since the satellite instruments began measuring the ice extent has largely remained above the post - 1979 average. The update data contradict one of the most frequently asserted global warming claims - that global warming is causing the polar ice capes to recede

Ouru likes this.
  2. Ouru

Ouru New Member

globe is heating up. Both land and oceans are warmer now than record-keeping began in 1880, and temperatures are still ticking upward. This temperature rise, in a nutshell, is global warming.

Global warming has adverse effect on flora and fauna inhabiting the earth's surface.global warming may lead to melting of glacier, this leads to flooding. Extreme rise in global temperatures can lead to extinction of some specie of plants and animals.
    Measure should be taken,to jointly support tree planting programs and shifting to use of renewable sources of energy in industrial operations.

bipin likes this.
  3. 14yumj1

14yumj1 New Member

Not too common we see someone trying to refute global warming. Do you mind posting a source on this? Almost everyone learns in school that global warming is happening and as a result, ice caps are melting. But even if what you said was true - there is plenty more evidence that global warming is taking place. For example, the average temperature of the earth has been going up little by little since the industrial revolution, the sea level has also been steadily rising and more. I'm no expert, but I know for sure that we are effecting this planet's climate negatively.

cmoneyspinner and Gichanga like this.
  4. aly.cam

aly.cam New Member

It is common knowledge that the Earth is undergoing climate change and may environments are suffering negatively from this. Regardless of this one piece of data many other studies and observations by leading experts prove that our world is changing at an alarming rate. This is seen in the coral, the rise of sea levels, loss of species, and plant life. Regardless of this information, humankind is negatively impacting the planet and should help to create a sustainable world for future generations.

5. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

We have to establish a unified solidarity attitude towards research, credible informative reports, and the actual actions that need to be performed that will prove to be worthwhile in the endeavor to curb global warming. Time is of an essence, as protecting the atmosphere now and in the future is the only objective. Not acting correctly in a situation as such, is just as bad as not acting at all.

6. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

I am not a scientist but have lived on the earth long enough to be able to “notice” that the weather patterns are not the same weather patterns I grew up with. In fact, during my first year of married life in 1977, we had an exceptionally cold winter. I lived in Miami, Florida. That year it was so cold that it snowed in The Bahamas.

Now I live in Austin, Texas and was told that the weather here is “climatically perfect”. Of course that was said about 20 years ago. All I can tell you is that it's 2018 and the weather has been far from perfect. There must be a scientific explanation for this. If it's not global warming or climate change, what is it?

7. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

The earth’s climate is changing, but there is nothing unusual about that. The temperature has always fluctuated through natural tendencies. The current warming trend is one of particular significance because most of it is very likely human induced through various activities and increasing at a rate that is unprecedented in the past 1300 years. Global warming is the current rising of the earth’s temperature near its surface. Climate change refers to a major change of the temperature within the earth’s atmosphere that spans over a time of several decades, or in some instances, centuries. To fully understand the entire concept of climate change and its association with global warming, one would have to be an accomplish scientist, in more than one area of study, to fully understand the correlation of the two in depth. The basic concept of the global issue that has been spotlighted in recent years is the conception of it being an immediate threat that needs to be recognized as a severity. Contrasting information from opposing parties, contradiction and controversy has placed a matter that would be considered of importance, at a standstill, and those who are interested in a paranoia, whether they agree or oppose.

8. Lillymunyua

Lillymunyua New Member

Global warming is a serious issue affecting the world. This has become a serious problem because, people are contributing to the factors causing global warming, yet most do not care about the future. We need to be careful and avoid contributing to those factors at all because, the next generations will greatly be affected and it is not fair.

There are some factors which contribute to global warming and they are; deforestation, emission of harmful gases to the environment which lead to the ozone layer getting thin, which causes much sun rays to penetrate to the earth. Global warming has caused many issues such as melting of the ice on ice capped mountains. People are also at the risk of contracting chronic illnesses such as skin cancer, due to the exposure to direct sun rays. Also, changing weather patterns is a result of global warming.

My suggestion is, people should take care of the environment as much as they can. If one cuts a tree, they should plant two or more and also encourage the usage of eco friendly products such as bio gas.

njigs and Kieranlewix like this.