IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Gtx 960 or the 1050ti ?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ElliahRamos, Dec 25, 2016.

1. ElliahRamos

ElliahRamos New Member

Ive been looking for some tips regarding this. They are almost at the same price and i would like to know what's best when it come to video rendering and gaming.

2. SeaGato

SeaGato New Member

The simple choice is the GTX 1050TI. When buying graphics cards, it's safe to assume that the next generation of graphics cards are going to be better in the long run. Do not let the name scare you. Just because one is "60" while the other is a "50", remember that NVIDIA is improving other parts of the card which means even if it runs at the same speeds in a game, that does not mean its necessarily better. For example, the GTX 1050TI will save more in the long run because of power consumption. Since the GTX 960 takes more power, it will cost more on your energy bill. Also, if you found the GTX 960 for a similar price to a 1050TI, then you found a great deal because normally, the 1050TI costs a significant more amount of money than the 960. They are almost spot on in terms of performance, so that should not even be a thing you really look at. I'd go for the higher generation (1050TI). Also remember that there is the normal 1050 which some say is a better option that the 1050TI because the price of the 1050TI is not really worth it. Still, I would go for the 1050TI if that is what you want because computer hardware products are not cheap, and it may be a long time until you can upgrade again.

3. shark1234

shark1234 New Member

The GTX 960 (4GB) is the best.

The 960. It has slightly higher memory bandwidth and the texture rendering is way faster.