IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Health over Money

Discussion in 'Health' started by juan de la cruz, Oct 23, 2017.

1. juan de la cruz

juan de la cruz New Member

I had been working for 6 years straight already and I am now feeling a bit sick and weak. I am saving almost all my salary to have my own business as soon as possible. I am able to save a lot of money and now I can start a small own business. There are these times that I feel my body is paying the price for all the hard work I've done. Now it makes me think did I made the right choices in my life? Maybe if I worked less and live a more healthy life, I would be more happier now.

2. anto

anto New Member

Working hard is good ,but there is a proverb that says: work without play makes a jack dull boy or girl. Therefore , it is advisable to work and also have time to rest .
    According to my background, wealth is as a what remains after you properly eat and seek the best medical care. Let the little wealth you have make your health favourable . Your health matters more than your wealth .

3. samambo

samambo New Member

Work is key for our everyday survival, but working at the expense of once health is dangerous. One need to plan his day to include mental health, physical health, spiritual health and emotional health. If one of these aspects of health is ignored more can fill empty, sick or tired always.
    To develop the mental health one need to continuously read, the physical health one to exercise once in a week , spiritual health one need to connect with the Almighty and finally for emotional health one need to connect with family, friends and meet new people. That the way for living a fulfilling life while working.

4. mumu

mumu New Member

Having a lot of money is good but having a healthy body is much way better. What is the use of your money if you are sick? How can you spend your money if you can no longer remember? Will you enjoy spending your money if you're using it to pay for your hospital bills? I guess not!

Being rich is not everything, you can not compare it to being healthy. So to be able to enjoy both, your money while being healthy; always remember that "Prevention is Better than Cure".

5. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Come to think of this old adage; 'Health is wealth'. Simply understood, don't you think you need to be healthy and in a piece of mind to have the motivation to work hard to accumulate wealth? I think you do. Just as Mumu, in the comments above mentioned, it would be pointless to amass yourself more money of which at the end of the day you will use all of it settling your hospital bills.

It's logical that at old age we all wish to enjoy the gains we worked hard for when we had the energy. It would therefore be sad to start battling health issues with your savings at a time when age has caught up with you and you no longer have the vigor to work hard for more money. So in my opinion, however much you endeavor to accumulate more money, health first.