IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

How do you express yourself through art?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Mrs.Wilson, May 10, 2017.

1. Mrs.Wilson

Mrs.Wilson New Member

Okay, This is something I struggle with. I don't understand how to do that? Is it what I draw? How I draw it? The message of the piece?! The colors? I'm so lost. How do you express yourself through your art? How can I achieve that?

2. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

Expressing myself through art means that I put my feelings into my artwork then get something out from that. If I am feeling sad, I will put my sadness into my artwork then whatever comes out, just comes out. What comes out depends on what the viewer sees, hears, tastes, smells or feels.

I might feel sad then draw something and a viewer sees sadness while looking at it but another viewer sees anger. It all depends. What you can do is be calm, practise your skill, don't think much about your feelings, just do you.

3. martindrox

martindrox New Member

I express myself by acclaiming other people's art. This is how it works for me, I'm way too into space art. As an example, Chesley Bonestell paintings are stupefying, the absolute state of phantasmagorical beauty in his paintings are invigorating. Just by looking at them, I express myself with his art. Maybe a bit of ambient music in the background and that does it for me.

4. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

Everyone needs a creative outlet to express themselves, it can be through music, drama, roleplay, visual theatre art e.t.c. You can even deal with emotions like anger and sadness through certain exercises like drawing and painting your emotions, creating a family sculpture, or design a postcard that will never be sent. Or you put together a number of journals.

5. sharon254

sharon254 New Member

I express myself through poetry.I find it stress relieving to write down words in a way that only i and some chosen few can understand.Poetry gives me an outlet to let out what am feeling at the monent.It enables me be myself since only i can express something the way i see it and come up with the words to correctly describe it.