IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Human life without the Internet.

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Queeresau, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Queeresau

Queeresau New Member

If we really think about it, the internet came to human our world (and our lives in general) not that long ago, and in my case, sometimes I like to talk with my parents about their life without the internet and just technology as we know it nowadays and it seemed to be really hard to do basically everything! Meeting with friends, looking for a job, making (expensive) long distance phone calls and even doing some research for a homework seemed to be a real challenge.
    Have you imagined your life without the internet or modern society without it?
    What do you think it would be different if internet never existed?

2. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_Dorito New Member

Well, more than research and coordinating meetups with friends, i think the most important aspect of the internet is being able to communicate on a global scale with people of different ages and backgrounds. Being able to communicate on a large scale, to spread awareness on a large scale about important issues or global emergencies such as a Worldwide Flu pandemic or something of the sort.

These aspects will certainly be the most affected.

Now with the internet children have the opportunity to experience the world as a whole and not just rely on the thoughts and beliefs of our local company. We have the chance to grow as global, understanding and empathetic citizens of the world and sometimes we just don't appreciate it as much as we ought to.

3. Bart vangampelaere

Bart vangampelaere New Member

We do not need scientific proof for this.

Just take a simple example. Take away your smartphone, television and internet away for one week. Be sure that a lot of people Will go crazy because it is so burned into our brains that when we are not connected, it seems like we lost a part of our body.