IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

I lowered my cholesterol and I nearly committed a suicide because of that

Discussion in 'Medical' started by DingDong, Jan 7, 2018.

1. DingDong

DingDong New Member

Everybody has heard high cholesterol is the BAD guy. The medical world has always made us believe that if we don't want to get a heart attack, we must lower our cholesterol levels. Well, guess what, I did that and I nearly committed a suicide!

I bought vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) because I used to exercise and at the vitamin shop they told me this vitamin boosts energy and metabolism. So I took a tablet, on the next day I took another one and during the next couple of days I started getting progressively depressed, unmotivated and tired. All of a sudden I needed 5-6 cups of coffee instead of 1. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, but something was terribly wrong. Before I suspected it was related to vitamin B5, I had taken 9 pills. Not at once! 9 pills in the period of 1 month. I began researching Pantothenic Acid and I found out it is used in mega doses to reduce cholesterol. BAM!!! Cholesterol! I know from previous research that cholesterol is the building block of all hormones and the feel-good neurotransmitters in the brain serotonin and dopamine. What I also know is that high cholesterol runs in my family, it's genetic and all members of my family have always been calm and happy human beings. Well, after B5 I was a depressed, mean, evil, tired creature, who needed 10 coffees on some days. 10 coffees!!!! Why? Because coffee increases cholesterol..... My cholesterol levels have always been a bit over the limit at 6.9. I've always felt great! After taking 9 pills of vitamin B5, the blood test result showed my cholesterol was 3.9!! 50% reduction. Still within the normal limits, but obviously my genes seemed to disagree. It's been 6 months and I'm still recovering very slowly because B5 gets accumulated in the liver and the liver releases it in the blood stream. After that it gets out of the body in the urine.