IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

If you had to chose only ONE music era which would it be?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ajah, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Ajah

Ajah New Member

Me personally I'd go for the 80's just at the peak of Prince's debut, I'd love to have been able to see him live and in his prime.

2. Ravenclaw07

Ravenclaw07 New Member

I think most people are likely to prefer the music of the era they grew up in, just for nostalgia’s sake. There are plenty of artists I enjoy listening to now, but there’s just something about listening to music from my childhood that makes me feel like a kid again.

Having been born in 1999, I love listening to music from the late 90’s-2010. One of my favorite genres is punk/rock, which is probably influenced by its popularity as I was growing up.

Even music that isn’t necessarily my “style” tends to do this to because of the familiarity. Just the other day I was walking past my old elementary school and got flashbacks of sitting in the car with my best friend after school blasting Ke$ha’s Tik Tok. This kind of music is admittedly kind of a guilty pleasure, but I’d hate to give it up.

3. Kroman

Kroman New Member

As for me 90's music were the best ,at that era competition was real due to the fact that only sense was looked upon in any music rather than today people just singing to earn money .
    Untill when I witness an artiste beating tupac in music industry is when I will change my perspective ,yeah I said mine

4. Kerri Pippen

Kerri Pippen New Member

I would also choose the 90's. The music was fresh yet clean and everything just had this feeling. I never had to worry about whether or not I would get in trouble for what was being said, yet the music was real and I could really relate. Now I will say there were some songs that I did not dare play in front of my mother but the 90's was mellow and safe. Not like the music of today.