IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

I'm a Muslim, and I'm proud of it

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by mohammed belkharraf, Jul 31, 2016.

1. mohammed belkharraf

mohammed belkharraf New Member

My name is Mohammed the same name of Mohammad (PBUH) the Prophet of Islam.
    Muhammad is a great man of morals.Was sincere in his words never lie.
    If he stayed with us to the present day.You will not find any war,Any injustice.....
    I am a Muslim, and I am proud of it

2. lingay21

lingay21 New Member

Congratulations for being able to shout your religion to the whole world. That should the proper attitude of everyone, to be proud of their beliefs and be able to stand with those beliefs through test of time. Not everyone has the courage to do what you've done because of fear to be criticized or opposed. And, about your name, you're lucky to have the same name with one of the greatest prophets. Just be careful not to destroy that very sacred name. Love it and emulate the good deeds that he showed.

PnkyBrewster likes this.
  3. 701JH3YK050J4S90

701JH3YK050J4S90 New Member

Muslims gave us coffee, chess, algebra, etc. Muslims are 1% of the US population but 10% of US doctors. And baba ghanouj is awesome!

mythman likes this.
  4. Bravefoot

Bravefoot New Member

I'm a muslim too, so I'm happy to see a fellow brother in here. I'm just a bit sad now some muslims feel the need to hide themselves, or having to look strong about following that religion without shame because some people out there are very judgemental and stereotypical.

May Allah bless your soul, brother.

mythman and PnkyBrewster like this.
  5. daniel njonge

daniel njonge New Member

I am a christian myself but religions should not get their way to separate us since we are all brothers and sisters. The best thing to consider is to ask and answer ourselves is,are my actions as a Muslim or a Christian acceptable to WHO we searve?This will help us live peacefully and loving each other.

mythman likes this.
  6. PnkyBrewster

PnkyBrewster New Member

I think it's horrible that you should have to post you're proud of being Muslim or Christian like it's something shameful. I am however quite happy that you are proud of your belief. Maybe one day people will be able to look past what another believes in, or better yet we won't care. Personally, I don't really pay much attention to what my friend believe in, I try to live my life the way i wish we all would, without prejudice and without hate. i can only hope that my children learn to be this same way and that eventually more people would do the same.

mythman likes this.
  7. mythman

mythman New Member

That's great that you can look to your 'Buddha' (i.e. enlightened one who shares his enlightenment with his followers ... mine's Yeshua bin Yosef PBUH) and see that he was "practically perfect in every way" (I wonder if Mary Poppins has a church that worships her ... or Julie Andrews). I'm sure that if I or any hater wanted to 'search' for any sins in his past or -in his angel-given teachings, they'll be found ("for whoever seeks, finds").

They say that the Trump Administration is going to restart that Muslim Registry again, where they'll list each religious citizen and thus mark them down as 'suspected of planning to do whatever that religion's people usually do.' COMEDY CENTRAL's Trevor Noah said he feels like it's time for Americans to 'take a stand' against such Islamophobia, and that EVERYONE should claim to be Muslim!

However; if the administration makes a list of ALL religions (not just Muslims), I think we should all claim NO religion (so we won't be suspected of ANYTHING!)

8. Torialou

Torialou New Member

I have no problem with people being proud of following their religion, what I dislike is how many people who do follow religions feel that anyone who does not share their views or religion is a bad person. I have non myself, I was Christened as a child but do not consider myself Christian, that was done when I was not able to make a decision myself. I believe in being a good person, be good to all, judge non, and just go through life being myself. I do not need a religion for strength or to show whom I am, I am me! If the time comes for a judgement I believe if I have been the best me I will still be judged fairly!

9. Canaria

Canaria New Member

I'm more than contend already if people's general view on Islam is not as if every muslim baby is born with a bomb at birth. As delusional as it sound, it would be euphoric if every religions were to understand each other and work together to create a peaceful future. And, instead of waging war, each country should focus on improving biological research to preserve mother nature while enhancing our lifestyle, not biological weapon for mass murder.

10. Joekovic

Joekovic New Member

I am a Christian. There is nothing wrong with being a Muslims and I don't know why people criticize you guys. The only important thing is that both Muslims and Christians stay true to their teachings. Also it is very important that whatever we do is acceptable to our God. Speaking on the side of Christians, it is wrong to disregard people of any other religion as I believe my God made everyone on this earth and the Bible says that we should love thy neighbor as we love thy self. I love myself and as such I love Muslims:):):).

11. Eliot

Eliot New Member

It doesn't really matter if you are a muslim, Christian or Jewish or any other religion. God created each and everyne of us in his own image and I'm thankful for that.

12. lolu0259

lolu0259 New Member

Religion is a way that man devices in an attempt to please God. Thats why their are many religions. Different individuals and pionéers with different school of thoought. But have you ever thought that if religion is removed fron the world, about 35per cent of the world problem will b solved. Because before we bacame christain or muslims we were first humans.

13. Mohammad

Mohammad New Member

You have to be proud of your relgion. Because Islam is a religion of peace in the fullest sense of the word. The Qur’an calls its way ‘the paths of peace’ (5:16). It states that God abhors any disturbance of peace (2:205).

In fact the root word of Islam is ‘silm’ which itself means peace. So the spirit of Islam is the spirit of peace. The first verse of the Qur’an breathes the spirit of peace. It reads: In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate.

14. Rosyrain

Rosyrain New Member

That is great and I am happy you are so proud to declare it to the world. With all of the negative news media out there, some people are too afraid to declare their religion and that is a shame. I am a Christian, but very interested in the religions of the world. I have studied Muslim faith and it appears to be a very peaceful religion when it is practiced the way it was meant to.

15. Nymphetamine

Nymphetamine New Member

Congratulations for being proud of your religion and for being a religiously committed person. It's hard nowadays to practice any religion, due to the judgmental society we live in, so I am really happy to see your dedication. God bless you for your faith and good luck on your way to being a great muslim!

16. Geeta

Geeta New Member

Of course you should be proud of your religion as every religion has goodness, kindness and humanity as its base. I am a Hindu and I am proud of every religion. No religion taught or encouraged to do any inhuman activity. But it is also true that religion is becoming main reasons for many heinous crimes. According to me some people use religion as a weapon and use innocents with half knowledge. I want to add a line of famous song in Hindi that is "Majhab nahi sikhata aapas mein bair rakhna".

17. BonzoPlant

BonzoPlant New Member

Actually the arabic term Islam and the word peace in arab salaam (سلام) share the same root, but "Islam" itself is usually translated as "submission". It comes from the term "aslama", which means to surrender. One islamic interpretation in fact, is that peace is attained by utterly submetting to God.

You have every right to be proud of who you are as a person, what you've accomplished and the way you live your life. However saying "Muhammad is a great man of morals.Was sincere in his words never lie. If he stayed with us to the present day.You will not find any war,Any injustice....." is not only incorrect but also dangerous. It isn't right to glamorize the man Mohammed was, he doesn't share any of the morals that societies have today.

Just to be clear, Mohammed was not like Buddha or Jesus. He was a conquering warlord who succeeded, his example is very different to that of a guy that got crucified, or of another that spent his whole life meditating and then teaching. He did not treat women and men equally, he owned slaves and his sexual behaviour is, ethically speaking, very reproachable. The more we think highly of men with those kinds of morals the more they are justified.

18. engrlanre

engrlanre New Member

Nice one, everyone is making sense but we have to look at what the religion says than what the people who claimed to be followers of such religion do. The prophet of Islam says " The best among mankind is the one that brings more benefits to mankind"

19. SheriS

SheriS New Member

I think everyone should take a world religions class. I've always wanted to learn about the Muslim religion and Buddhism and the Jewish religion. I only hope that your message reaches other Muslim's, so that they can feel unashamed of their religion too. Every religion has it's faults. I have some Muslim friend's and they are the nicest people anyone could ever meet. I'm so happy to hear that you're proud of your religion. It should be that way for everyone, so pass it on, the good word that is.