IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Increasing levels of Pollution

Discussion in 'Science' started by harijobs, Nov 7, 2016.

1. harijobs

harijobs New Member

There was a burning news going on over the past week as in Delhi which is the capital of our country is shutting down schools due to increasing levels of pollution. A photograph of pollution which surrounded the place like a fog brought tears to my eyes :(. Everybody including small children is wearing masks wherever they go. It is really sad to see people suffering for fresh air. Therefore I have started to contribute my share in saving the environment by planting trees and saplings as much as possible. So share your ways of contributing to the mother nature.

2. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik Angara New Member

Well, sadly yes, the levels of pollution in Delhi have risen exponentially over the past few years. In my opinion, the government should take considerable steps to curb the rising pollution levels. Some of them could include:
    1. Planting tress on both sides of the road.
    2. Starting awareness programs about the increasing levels of pollution and its aftermath.
    3. Encouraging children to become environment friendly via using recycled products, planting saplings in the school and teaching them the importance of using bicycles for short rides.
    4. Using public transport for longer distances as an alternative to individual cars and cabs.
    5. A thorough survey of the existing industries for checking the harmful gas emissions.
    I would like to appreciate you for the measures that you are taking from your side and I hope that the people of Delhi do what you are doing to prevent pollution. Remember, every individual effort counts.

3. Tashni

Tashni New Member

Until society takes their eyes off the petty things, pollution will continue to play a major role in our countries. If the government don't act we should act.

4. mrllevarita

mrllevarita New Member

Unfortunately, pollution will always be a problem. As long as there is increasing population, higher job demands, there will always be new industries that will come that in return would contribute to pollutants in the air, water, and land. Here in the Philippines, we are one of the countries that contribute plastic pollutants in South East Asia. We have very poor management in terms of segregation. Strong implementation of the laws is very essential to beat pollution.