IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Internet dating

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Kiama, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Kiama

Kiama New Member

Would you date someone you met through internet dating sites or through social media?

Most people usually say no to the question but lets be realistic. Imagine you are single and lonely with no one to talk to but there is this hot guy or girl you have met on social media who seems to get you and makes you forget all about your loneliness. Won't you give it a shot?

Ben Korir likes this.
  2. AF1013

AF1013 New Member

I met my boyfriend and hopefully future husband through social media. It became romantic after nearly two years of online friendship, and it's going wonderfully. You have to take the time to get to know someone online, suss them out and make sure they are who they say they are. Video-chatting, phone calls, and exchanging pictures are the next steps in order to build that level of trust. I'd give it a shot all over again.

3. Kiama

Kiama New Member

I wish you all the happiness in your relationship Af1013. The only con in online dating is that it is hard to find a trustworthy person. But once you get one who is genuine, who can make you laugh during your sad days and someone whose profile tells the truth about him or her, am sure a relationship with them will go a long way.

4. tusziget

tusziget New Member

Of course I would give it a shot to meet the hot boy,that I have met on the internet.But first I would like to know more infos about him,I would like to know him better.
    I would keep in touch with him for several months on the internet,before meeting him in real life.
    I know many persons,who met their ideal wife/husband on the internet and they are still together,having a big happy family.

I know persons,who met on the internet,fall in love,spent years together and after that broke up.Just like in real life.

I think there are many similarities dating online and in real life.It depends what kind of people you met,it could be your soulmate it doen't matter if it through internet or real life dating.

5. Julie

Julie New Member

My husband and I met four years ago on a dating website. At the time, I didn't believe that it would come this far and I made him pick me up from my job for our first date in case he was a psycho. I guess I won the internet dating lottery.

Bani likes this.
  6. MANBETH

MANBETH New Member

This is a system that enables strangers to find and introduced themselves to new personal connection over there internet.

I myself have not experienced that but I do believe that it works.

7. Bani

Bani New Member

Yes Kiama, I would date a person I met through internet dating sites. However, I would make sure that on our first date, we meet in a public place for safety reasons. The biggest con is that one may easily fall for fraudsters who are out there to harm others. I can't discourage anyone from dating online but its always good to keep in mind that safety comes first.

8. Joanncali

Joanncali New Member

It depends on how you plan to meet people online. I've tried a dating site and meet strangers online. I met them usually on public places like malls and restaurant. I brought my friend when I met them. It's safe to meet on the public because there's a lot of people and to avoid crime. Don't be alone as well, it's good that you will have companion when you meet them. You need to know them very well too before you decide to meet the person.

9. kinyae

kinyae New Member

When you meet a person online, both of you can be whoever you want. You choose what information you disclose and what pictures you share. As a result, personal faults are easily hidden. So no matter how much time you spend chatting with the other person online or over the phone, the relationship is not grounded in reality.
    Aside from the obvious risks of meeting strangers online, such relationships have their own set of problems. For example, a couple who meet online may think their relationship looks promising because they spend four hours per night getting to “know” each other online. However, when the two finally meet in person, the relationship often becomes too physical too fast.
    Other times one person discovers the hidden faults of the other, but feels too emotionally attached to get out of the relationship. Sometimes meeting a person online will create a long-distance relationship that never would have come into existence otherwise. More realistic local relationships are put on hold in favor of the budding romantic interest who lives eight hundred miles away.Therefore I would not recommend starting a dating relationship with someone you randomly meet online.

10. zikiamin

zikiamin New Member

One of the things I have found out as part of my research Is that people who meet online actually progress to marriage faster than people who meet offline. I think this is happening for many reasons.

One of the reason Is that one can be more selective because you have a bigger group to select from. When you’re using online dating, and there’s the possibility of selecting on characteristics that you know you’re going to like, you’re going to know a lot more about people before a first date.

11. Ben Korir

Ben Korir New Member

Although your reason is more convincing, my take still remains a bold NO. I won't date someone I met online. The fact that most people have succeeded in online dating cannot prove that it will work particularly for me. I have a superstition that good relationships stems from authentic friendship that took a good time to built.

12. MomoStarr16

MomoStarr16 New Member

Yes you got a point there. They got easily married because they got to select more faster the characteristic that they like from a person. Like having people to every category they are fit in. And those people for me are the ones that did not give marriage its significant. They just married people the really don't know at all. Meeting or worst marriage with a person you just met in the internet dating is very risky for me. Sometimes what they posted on who they are, are actually not who they are.

13. Ken Bruce

Ken Bruce New Member

Online dating is the most common way of pioneering relationships nowadays. Many people initiate their life long relationships online which indeed is a commendable advantage of technology. However, most relationships which begin online do not end up so far even though some are successful. This is because dating online does not offer the ability to know a partner extensively compared to one on one physical dating. I would prefer one on one dating to online dating.

14. Ktaylor

Ktaylor New Member

I have chatted with strangers online before but it was never anything serious. I have always been very nervous about meeting total strangers online. However I have gotten to know people better online. When I was in school I met this guy but never really talked to him a lot. A few years later we reconnected online and are now in a relationship.

15. Ruse

Ruse New Member

Online dating is popular these days and a lot of people are doing it. People are figuring out that this is an easy way to meet people. Most of us think dating in itself is very time consuming which is very true but what most people don't know is online dating takes almost just as much time, potentially even more than actually going out there and trying to meet somebody.

16. ShikoKamande

ShikoKamande New Member

Well, online dating is one of the most common relationships nowadays as we speak. I have personally know of guys who met online, dated, got married and have kids as we speak.
    I have personally dated twice via online and it clearly did not work. So it all depends with people out there. For some it works, for others it fails.
    But for myself, I am still quite unsure if I would give it another shot once more.