IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is cancer a man made disease?

Discussion in 'Science' started by TONNYTINA, May 3, 2017.

1. TONNYTINA

TONNYTINA New Member

Cancer has become one of the most deadly diseases in the world. It is a disease that has affected almost every society on earth.

Many researches have been released about the disease and of late, researchers from The University of Manchester in the United Kingdom have concluded that the disease is purely man-made! Something that I totally fail to understand.

2. trea

trea New Member

Do you have the link or the title of the research, TONNYTINA?

Without reading the reading research, I can only guess that it's due to our lifestyle. We do have what we call the diseases of civilization that are mainly caused by our lifestyles.

There was a recent article (and video) about an Amazonian tribe that has a very low risk of heart disease. Their secret? Their lifestyle.

But if the researchers literally meant man-made, it's not really surprising. Remember the conspiracy theory about Ebola virus? We have scientists and their labs where they can keep viruses, unique strains etc. so it's highly possible.

3. Niwang

Niwang New Member

Cancer is a modern, man-made disease caused by environmental factors such as pollution and diet. According to Professor Rosalie David, at the Faculty of Life Sciences, said: “In industrialised societies, cancer is second only to cardiovascular disease as a cause of death. But in ancient times, it was extremely rare. There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle.”

4. Suraj Priyank

Suraj Priyank New Member

Man made...disease?

Is that a thing now too? I suppose this is one of those alternative facts, isn't it?

Cancer is a serious problem that happens due to mutation, you can catalyse mutation with environmental or more generally external factors. But you cannot make it start or stop. Sorry to dissapoint

5. Suraj Priyank

Suraj Priyank New Member

There is no known way to induce cancer or cause cancer other than prolonged exposure to radioactivity, so unless you are suggesting we have been constantly nuking ourselves. No

6. EJ Burg

EJ Burg New Member

Simply a NO! cancer sells are created via cellular mutation and cellular mutation can be caused by so many things from forms of radiation in nature far to big for man to control and imbalances in cellular development. I guess the only thing man can really do is to create a safer environment to live in and thereby make the chances smaller to get cancers.

7. osolase

osolase New Member

The cause of cancer cuts across several factors both genetic and environmental. As much has it a lifestyle preventable and modifiable disease, it also have a lot to do with faulty genetic makeup.

Several factors such as advancing age, race, gender, family history of cancer, are described as non-modifiable risk factors whereas factors such as smoking, high alcohol intake, high calorie diet, exposure to radiation among others are described as modifiable risk factors.

The increase incidence of cancer and increasing incidence in developing countries is attributed to the western lifestyle of sedentary lifestyle, high calorie diet, smoking and alcohol intake.

The premise that genes load the gun but lifestyle pulls the trigger is ever true.

mrllevarita likes this.
  8. juxtapositi0n

juxtapositi0n New Member

Without sources, the claim can be considered invalid.

There is a plethora of scientific data available to the public that has been peer reviewed in order to verify authenticity and correctness, and the current hypothesis is that the replication function of DNA misfires, resulting in cancerous growths that cannot be regulated by the body. Obviously this is a layman's description coming from a layman, but I think we can be certain that cancer was not created by man.

There is, to my knowledge, very little to no peer reviewed evidence to back the claim that cancer is man-made.

9. WickedCry

WickedCry New Member

Cancer may not be man made, since bone cancer and skin cancer existed long ago and was found in mummies in egypt and the like. But modern cancers are man made, in my opinion.

For example, people who keep cell phones in their pockets have cell phone shaped cancerous tumors...

People who live under power lines are very likely to get cancer within 20-30 years of living there...

The foods we eat are very acidic, cancer thrives in an acidic environment. The reason the foods are so acidic is because they are all sprayed with pesticide to kill bugs, wheat which makes bread which we consume almost every meal is one of the most acidic foods you can eat. And having an acidic pH in your body makes you more susceptible to cancer.

People have cured their cancer by eating healthy and not eating things like grains, bad meat, bad poultry, and the like. Meat is almost as bad as grain because guess what? The cows you eat are fed the same grains that we eat, so we are indirectly eating more grains by consuming meat. We just ingest so much acid that cancer is naturally attracted to us. So yes i think modern cancer is man made, but some can exist in nature.

10. timileyin9112

timileyin9112 New Member

No, I don't think so. There has being a lot of allegations tho that a cure for cancer is being suppressed because they are making much more without the cure for cancer, I think that totally makes sense because its quite hard to believe that as brilliant and innovative as our scientist are cancer has being around for this long with no cure.

I don't agree that its a man made disease but I see sense in the theory that the cure is being suppressed.

11. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

Well if cancer is man made and wasnt before wouldn't it be new cancer and if it did the same thing wouldnt it be cancer that im just giving you cancer given or gotton from you since it the same and not new and if man made cancer is giving how did you get it you can always break somthing you make right I completly agree
    hhmmmm lung cancer it is man made its gotten not givin would that be the same as this cancer made me bald can be giving
    ill take my cancer the good ol american way if i gots to get it nobody need butt in my ciggarette less their bumming one
    also if its pure its not man made i believe but don't quote me , Cancer
    dont you hate those ciggarette commercial hi im and this and im so if just don't do it