IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is education for everyone or it is just for those who can afford it?

Discussion in 'Education' started by sherry57, Jul 19, 2017.

1. sherry57

sherry57 New Member

Everyone has a right to education,it is the most important aspect of our lives,we should encourage people to get education and to help those that are less privileged to acquire it.

2. Unilever001

Unilever001 New Member

Education takes different forms. Formal and informal. Informal education is for all as most time we don't pay for this but formal education comes at a price. So the thing is that if you are previledge to have a formal education, make use of the opportunity very well and if not don't be discouraged as that is not the end of life.

3. Jackymw

Jackymw New Member

I believe everyone has a right to education. I work as a Financial Aid Coordinator at a private college, and let's face it school is expensive. But there are so many options for students to help pay for school such as grants, loans, and scholarships however you have to be willing to put in the work exploring those avenues. I know the thought of student loans are frightening, and it's a huge investment like a home or car but it's an investment into yourself and your future. With so many people looking for employment these days we all know employers are going to look for that something extra that applicants have and a college degree does just that. I firmly believe nothing is owed to us in this life, but if you are willing to put in the work and effort I guarantee you can find a way to afford college.

4. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide New Member

I think education should be free, so that everybody can afford it. Whether it's free or not, the question is, does everyone wants to actually study? Or are they just doing it because their parents wanted them to do so, or just because they just want to have a job that requires a diploma? I think anyone can survive even without proper education, he just needs to be hardworking and street wise. And their parents can even teach them a skill or two, in which they could build upon to acquire even more relevant skills. So my answer is, education is for everyone, since your parents can also educate you. It's not all about universities and colleges.

5. NICHOLASMUKUHA

NICHOLASMUKUHA New Member

I would like to believe your question is narrowed down to formal education, because in Africa we have informal education that does not necessarily require any school taught skills to learn, for example, farming, fishing and a host of others that you can really depend on, if properly learnt.

However on the issue of formal education, I believe it is for everyone as "Education is the key to life". It opens one to a whole new world of opportunities.

It makes it easy for one to nail a job in major companies as well as enabling them to rise through the ranks. Infact some of the major political posts in our country, cannot be vied for without a university degree and above.

It also enables one to live in a society. As you interact with people, that is, students, staff and visitors from different backgrounds, you learn how to respond to their various needs. I would not be replying to this thread if I had not learnt communication skills from school.

With this and a host of other advantages, I believe that education should not be limited to only those who can afford. It should be free but credible so as to empower everyone and allow them to have a place in society.

However, just like too much money circulation in an economy reduces the value of the money, when formal education is made available for everyone, it loses value.

In my country for instance, when free education was introduced, too many students flocked into public schools which made it hard for teachers to manage them and make follow up on weaknesses of certain individuals. It became hard to input practical skills to all those students hence almost everything went theoretical. Therefore education somehow lost its value.

While striving to make it accessible to everyone, education should be credible. Thank you.

6. Shaguftaa

Shaguftaa New Member

Education should be for everyone, but unfortunately, the sad truth is that it currently exists only for those who can afford it. At least in my country it is. The worst problem is that the schools and colleges which are affordable for the regular, non - rich kids, are pathetic. The ones which are good are really expensive. And to top it all, inexpensive educational institutions have pathetic teachers who ruin the child psychologically, instead of developing them and helping them grow. Education is the basis of every society and country. This is why i totally blame the education system for the increasing crime rate in my country.

7. Deedan19

Deedan19 New Member

Education is key to success. The true purpose of education is putting information learned into meaning. Without this, education is useless.

Education is cannot be bought, we learn it! Formal education has lost its value because informal education is what moves the world around.

Education should not be free, if it is given free, it will not be valued for what it offers.

8. Shantana

Shantana New Member

Education is for everyone, that is why I strongly believe that education at all levels should be free and if not free reasonably affordable to everyone.

9. VILMA CAPE

VILMA CAPE New Member

Everybody has the right to be educated. No one will be left behind when it comes to education. Here in the Philippines we have this EFA goal under the K-12 curriculum that Education is For All. Yes of course it's free.

10. moreinfor

moreinfor New Member

Education is for everyone, but for people who are serious about it. South Africa has free education for people who are struggling financially. Education is for people who really know what they are looking for in their lives. Education is also a self-reliance key for the industry you want to work on.

11. Tatiana Stan

Tatiana Stan New Member

I do believe education should be for everyone who really wants it and who is willing to work hard to achieve it. In my country there are several programs that allow children from disadvantaged families to study and to form theirselves. Of course it's still not a balance, and children from richer families have an easier access to the best schools, while the others have to put in a little much work to have the same benefits. But things are starting to change and I believe that soon enough the educational system will be improved and children will have equal chances to benefit from a good education.

12. Amos14

Amos14 New Member

Education is for those who afford.Why should someone struggle in educating a child who is not interested in learning.

13. Dione

Dione New Member

Education is for anyone who is dedicated and has something they want to achieve.

Take an example of a boy whose parents/guardian is capable of paying for his university education but the boy does not want to go because he wants to join the military.
    Then there is a girl who is not fortunate enough to have university education funds but she is determined to be a nurse.

If the boy's parents make him go to university to study pharmacy by force, chances are that he will rebel or he will agree but not make it in the course. He will not have any reason to do his best for he has nothing to work towards, nothing to achieve.

But for the girl, if she gets free government education or struggles to finds other ways of getting the fees, even if it's takes years, once she joins the university, she will do everything she can to achieve her dream.

14. flex

flex New Member

I think education is very important in life. Despite that to some people its expensive. And to achieve it requires alot of struggle. So in the current world its very crucial if one is capable of pursuing education do it as a necessity in life.

15. Ken Bruce

Ken Bruce New Member

Education cannot be undermined even at a cost. The future of a people depends on their level of education. It is education that teaches people how to think critically and creatively. With this two skills,people are able to solve problems that face them effectively thus aid in the development of a nation.

16. Famsin

Famsin New Member

I believe that education should be for everyone, not only those who can afford it, it is a basic necessity of life. Even if an individual cannot go to university because of financial constrains, but they should at least have a basic education. In my opinion, at least everyone should graduate from high school. In this world that we live today, with will all the technology, it will be very difficult for someone to live happily with no level of education.