IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is education the only way to succeed in life?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Djbeckah, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Djbeckah

Djbeckah New Member

As we know learning is usually a continuous process and from when i was a kid my parents told me the only way to succeed in life is through education. In a logic perspective most of the famous rich people in the world don't really have a great educational backgroud whereby some didn't even reach the college level but are swimming in pools of money. What's your opinion concerning this topic, does education really matter for one to be successful?

2. DaranteLaMar

DaranteLaMar New Member

Education is an absolutel necessity for success in life. Those who refuse to learn simply refuse to live. True, there are many wealthy people who did not succomb to formal academia but that does not mean that they were not educated. Bill Gates did not drop out of college to stop learning. He dropped out because he realized that he had gained all that he could from traditional methods and decided to learn from application.

3. culea m

culea m New Member

The answer to your question is yes, the education is very good to make a person become a better human being and a better performer in life. Educated people become more responsible and informed citizens, and have a voice in politics and society, which is essential for sustaining democracy. It is essential for eradicating poverty and it allows people to be more productive by encouraging them to play reponsible roles in terms of contributing to society and in the bargain, also earning a better living.

4. Chiefson

Chiefson New Member

I think by succeeding in life, you mean become well-off or rich. Well in my opinion, education isn't actually the only thing needed to succeed in life. Personally, I think education only enlightens you and gives you a better understanding of issues and good ideas as well. Moreover on a personal level, I think succeeding in life requires an attitude of perseverance, hardwork, dedication and risk-taking.

However, not all these characteristics are taught in schools. Therefore in my opinion, someone with merely education is not guaranteed of success in life.

5. Hillarioh

Hillarioh New Member

I second you Chiefson, education is important to every individual so as to gain knowledge of things and have a better understanding in life because the journey of learning is full of ups and downs. No one has fully enjoyed learning because it requires a lot of commitment and hardwork, but again will that hardwo

6. Hillarioh

Hillarioh New Member

I second you Chiefson, education is important to every individual so as to gain knowledge of things and have a better understanding in life because the journey of learning is full of ups and downs. No one has fully enjoyed learning because it requires a lot of commitment and hardwork, but again will that hardwork pay?

Most people who are rich don't have a very good educational background, they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. So education is not the only way to succeed it just gives you a name like professor, Doctor, Engineer etc

7. shena_29

shena_29 New Member

Education is not the only way to succeed in life.There are people who are not able to get an education whether formal or informal and are able to succeed. If one is resourceful enough and focused, success is sure to come their way.

8. lead

lead New Member

Yes, Education is the sure way to succeed in life. The closest to it is LUCK. But let's define education. Education is the system of acquiring knowledge for man's betterment. It goes beyond the conventional definition we practice in our present day society. It goes beyond just acquiring a degree. Education is acquiring that edge (It could be a degree or skill) and exploiting that edge for one's benefit and also the benefit of his/her environment.

The age that really did put education in its actual state is the platonic age. This choice is based on my very own point of view. The platonic age educated man from the whole multifaceted sphere of knowledge. From astrology to medicine to ethics, the education of that age was encompassing and rewarding.

9. mary231

mary231 New Member

It does add value to ones success in this life, but it is not the only monopoly to make it in life. This is because, people are born differently and with different talents, education provides a platform for one to measure up his or her potential.

10. Mudrijedan

Mudrijedan New Member

No, education is not the only way. Especially in this generation. Education, in my opinion, is just something that has been forced upon us. Note, the majority of the things that we learn in school, we really don't use in the real world, UNLESS, we get a job that requires us to know some of those things. But we STILL end up having to go to college to learn it ALL OVER AGAIN.

11. McB Carino

McB Carino New Member

I have graduated BS in Information Technology but being educated I strongly disagree considering education is the only key to success. I knew some people around me that made their success even they didn't manage to finish their studies. Most of them are a businessman and some of them working in a reputable company at the moment. It's just a matter of strategy, perseverance, and patience. Some people even though they're educated we can't deny that attitude arises. You know what I mean because in this world there are good and bad. All of us even if a person is educated or non-educated we should not judge easily instead respect let's give them a chance.

Mudrijedan likes this.
  12. Jerick Gwapo

Jerick Gwapo New Member

You have a different view on what is education. You viewed education only as the formal process wherein education is only what we learned from the school that is why you deduced that those successful men did not have education.

Well education is not just about the things we learn in school. Education is a need for a human being to survive. Learning how to cook from your mother is an example of education. You were educated on how to cook. So what I am concluding in here is that education takes place anywhere and not just in school.

Going back to the question, is education the only way to succeed in life?
    YES! it is the only way. Learning is being educated. If we are too see the life of those billionaires nowadays, they are actually college dropouts. They left the school yet they succeeded. But were they educated? Yes, they learned something from the outside world about the reality of life. They may not be able to finish their college degree but they are being educated to the reality of life. They learned from the problems and they looked out for solutions, they are learned that is why they succeeded. The main point in here is that, we must be learned, educated for us to succeed in life.

Happyflowerlady likes this.