IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is minecraft dying?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Flaming_Dorito, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_Dorito New Member

I was thinking of purchasing minecraft, but heard that there is hardly a community for the game left. The players have lost their zeal in the game and enthusiasm of the community is dropping. Most accounts are idle. But, is minecraft as a game actually dying?

2. Tayeeb Hasan

Tayeeb Hasan New Member

Minecraft is fun to play but only for a while. You could try and play it for perhaps an year at the maximum and then you'd never go back. A lot of Minecraft oriented YouTubers are also leaving the game for other stuff.

3. Jeffrey Johnson

Jeffrey Johnson New Member

I am not sure how the popularity stands with the general public, but I can tell you what happened in my case. I enjoyed playing Minecraft. I played the PC version and ran a Minecraft server for a few months. I could not get enough. I later tried playing the mobile version, but I found it to be very difficult to play well. I also played the XBox One version and enjoyed it, too. I mostly enjoyed it because I could battle with other players and invite friends on XBox Live. I was discouraged, however, by the fact that none of these platforms were compatible with one another.

The game is very addicting. After about 9 months of playing the different versions, I began to think about how much time I was actually spending playing the game. I was wasting a good portion of each day. So I stopped playing for a while, and after a few days without being in the game, the desire to play just didn't exist anymore. I have often considered starting the game up again, but then I think about the time that I would waste if I were to get involved again. I have not played in several months.

4. DeAnthony

DeAnthony New Member

I guess you can say that it's dying I mean I don't play Minecraft but I will be down to play Minecraft them if my friends want to play it but all in all on YouTube yes Minecraft it's pretty kind a dead there's too many Minecraft YouTubers so I don't know I can't say for sure that it's dead but it's on the verge of dying

5. bossthecall

bossthecall New Member

Exactly.

Not only Minecraft but every game is fun for a while after some time you will start loosing your interest in that game. Minecraft lasted so long just because it had no limit to ideas and it totally dependent on your creativeness of mind, you can make anything in Minecraft from a hut to skyscraper.

Nowadays most players and Youtubers have moved on from Minecraft so basically Yes, the game is dying.

6. Mundia416

Mundia416 New Member

To be honest i have never played minecraft before,i just hear stories that its a great game but each time i want to buy it im discouraged by the pixelated graphics