IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Life-long Learning

Discussion in 'Education' started by msyukionna, Jun 6, 2017.

1. msyukionna

msyukionna New Member

I find that learning new things is something that a lot of "gown ups" tend to neglect. Life takes over, there's more excuses available, lack of motivation... there are many reasons not to sit down and gain new knowledge.

For this reason, I try my best to make it a point to follow some educational channels on YouTube, read more and pick up new skills whenever I can. I'm subscribed to SciShow, minutephysics, etc. for bite-sized science stuff. I try to read or re-read at least one book a month, and I've recently picked up knitting (<-- so much fun! addicted!).

What do you do to keep your mind sharp?

2. Arly2298

Arly2298 New Member

Life is something that was given to us in order to prove what we're capable of doing and how we're going to perform things, it's that simple. Opportunities are for the ones who like taking them, as well as for those who like to evolve and become better with the time. Personally, I always recommend people to do whatever thing they think is going to be the best for themselves, thinking about what others like is not the right thing when it comes to personal evolvement and that sort of thing. We only live once, let's not think twice.