IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

love,money,sex which is more important in relationship and why??

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ahtishamzx, Jun 27, 2016.

1. ahtishamzx

ahtishamzx New Member

What is more important in a relationship?

2. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

You can say i'm a bit cliche, but I believe that love is the most important factor in a relationship. In my opinion, in a relationship, you have different stages that you work up to. So, you start off possibly infatuated by a person. Then you get to know them and you spend time with them and you work your way up to love in the future and that just unlocks an entire new world for you and your partner. If your relationship grows on how much money the other has or how good the sex is, the relationship almost seems artificial. Personally, I would like to be with someone who could teach me and love me and look past my financial status and ability to "put out." Relationships would be a lot less complicated now-a-days if people fell in love with loving someone completely and not just specific areas. So, my answer is love, because when you love someone then everything else just seems perfect even if it may not be.

3. Mauricio O Freire

Mauricio O Freire New Member

I could not spend the rest of my life beside someone I was not in love with. Money is important for everyone in the world we live, but it cannot buy everything. Happiness is one of them.
    Living with someone only because of their belongings without feeling deep inside you should be with them, will only make your life miserable.

I also believe sex do not last forever. One day it will become warmer, while love will always remain strong.

4. abonnen

abonnen New Member

I think that love and communication is the most important thing in a relationship. Love is important because without it the relationship would never of formed into a solid relationship. Communication is important because it helps each person in the relationship to express themselves and hear how the other feels. Even though I think love is the most important thing is a relationship sex is also very important. I think sex is important because men tend to express themselves through touch, while women express themselves more through communication and voice. I am not saying this is how all men and women express themselves, this is just my feelings on how we express ourselves. Money to me has never been that important, as long as it does not stress the relationship (due to debts) then it should not be considered that important.

5. ibezsocial

ibezsocial New Member

I would think it depends on what type of relationship you're looking for. With that being said, love does cover a multitude of sin.

Money can be made, lost, depreciated, and destroyed. Sex doen't last very long or reach it's highest levels of excitement and pleasure without love and passsion.

Love wins over and over again!

marynyokabz likes this.
  6. Tyi

Tyi Member

There are three levels of LOVE. The highest level of Love is Agape (Godly) Love. Agape is true, unadulterated (pure), unconditional love. Agape love has no strings attached and is without a hidden agenda.

Next, Phileo Love (love of your fellow man/woman). If more couples would actually take the time to get to know/learn some important things about each other, like, how many children do you have? Gentlemen, this includes the one or ones your ex(es) happen to be carrying. How heavy is his/her debt load? If children are involved, how do you plan to get to know them and what will be your agreed upon method of discipline for said children? Do you have any strange fetishes (on the Down Low, coprophagia, urolagnia, necrophilia, wearing husband/wife's under garments, swinging etc? I've noticed that these fetishes and more are not so uncommon in this day and time. Do you have a criminal background? If so, what does it involved? And nowadays, you may want to ask if he/she is transgendered? Do they have any serious health issues you need to know about? The answers to some of these questions will determine what path your relationship will take. Better to find these things more sooner than later. All I am saying ladies/gentlemen, take the time to get to know who and what you are dealing with before you "jump the sheets" (have sex).

Unfortunately, this is where the cart that usually comes BEFORE the horse, Eros, (Erotic or Romantic) Love. This is the icing on the cake. This is the dessert portion of a relationship. This is the covenant/consummation portion of a relationship and it is not to be taken lightly, done frivolously, or without care. I'm going to leave two adages with you. 1.) Ladies, why would a man buy a cow when he can get all the milk he wants for free? Ladies, you are a precious treasure. Do Not Allow Yourselves to Be Treated Like Trash. 2. Gentlemen, I know that you are moved by what you SEE in a woman, her physical features grab both your EYES. Now let a word to the wise be sufficient, all that glitters is not gold. Lastly, what GOD has joined together, let no man/woman tear it apart. For those of you seeking that forever someone, I wish you well.

7. BlueSkyeLove

BlueSkyeLove New Member

Quae cum magnifice primo dici viderentur, considerata minus probabantur. Sed tamen intellego quid velit. Cum salvum esse flentes sui respondissent, rogavit essentne fusi hostes. Utinam quidem dicerent alium alio beatiorem! Iam ruinas videres.

Quis hoc dicit? Quam ob rem tandem, inquit, non satisfacit? Ille vero, si insipiens-quo certe, quoniam tyrannus -, numquam beatus; Ut non sine causa ex iis memoriae ducta sit disciplina. Placet igitur tibi, Cato, cum res sumpseris non concessas, ex illis efficere, quod velis? Scaevola tribunus plebis ferret ad plebem vellentne de ea re quaeri.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  8. Mike2016

Mike2016 New Member

It seems like you need all of the ingredients of love, sex, money and even looks to make a relationship work. Money works out in a relationship for guys who don't exactly have looks. Women tend to not have a problem because all they need is a great looking body parts. Guys have to try many times hard to get the attention of a gal. This is what happens when you have money. You can get her attention. It is materials that count here.

Money is a great filler for a loveless and sexless relationship. Where I come from, it seems like money and looks are more important. If you look average, have no money, well then you will have no woman or even a sex life.

9. Sandy

Sandy New Member

All the above 3 ingredients are very much necessary for a strong and long lasting bondage of love. As the age advances and as a person reaches his appropriate age, he or she will lose sexual attraction and sex will no longer play any role in strengthening or weakening the relationship between those two lovers.

The remaining points are love and money. For true love money plays an insignificant role and won’t affect their bondage of relationship. Many ideal lovers in the past and many true lovers in the present days have proved the above point by sacrificing their life for the sake of their love.

So in the end what remains is true or pure ‘LOVE’ only.

Infatuation or pretence is temporary emotions and it will never stand any test of time, and will disappear soon after the ulterior motive is achieved.

10. Secre

Secre New Member

Love is the most important thing in a relationship because without it as soon as you hit the first bumps in the road your relationship will falter. Money comes and goes depending on what is happening in life, sex is fleeting and whilst important as part of the physical security of a relationship will not hold a relationship together. Love will do exactly that; and not just the first flush of lust or infatuation or even love as a feeling which fade with mood or time or circumstance. Love is as much of a choice that you make every day when you look at your partner. I choose to love someone even on the days when actually I don't like them very much.

11. to7update

to7update New Member

I had to enter this thread to understand why does love, money and sex enter under a forum category of philosophy, but I still don't get it, at least in what concerns money and sex.

As for love, yes, that's a highly philosophical topic and we could be around it for days and never reach a logical conclusion. As for what is more important in a relationship, that has to be love because when there is love sex is better and we are able to enjoy money better too. :cool:

12. praveen

praveen New Member

Love - It must be shown to the one you loves most.
    Money - It must keep with you (Don't trust others).
    Sex- It is in between you and your partner(Very Private).
    Coming to which is Important, For me it's love. We will not satisfy with money and sex . Money and Sex were for only Limited time(NO Guarantee ). But LOVE has life long guarantee*(Conditions Apply)
    *=If and only if you and you partner (anyone ) really in Love only

13. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley New Member

Until a couple of years ago, I think I would have said love. And, to some extent, I still think so. But, I was surprised to read some research a couple of years ago about the happiest long-term marriages; the ones that last a lifetime. Believe it or not, they are the happiest because they manage to maintain an intense romantic love over an entire lifetime of marriage. I would have thought that, as many people I knew reported, this type of love would diminish and be replaced with more of a deep friendship as the years passed.

Perhaps the most interesting thing I read about these couples is how they managed to maintain such long term romantic love. Only one thing was predictive of a couple's ability to do this. They managed to keep their partner's on the same pedestal they had them on when they were love struck! As writer Carolyn Gregoire put it, they remained "love blind" and managed to "maintain positive illusions about their partners". Despite any faults, they still saw their partners as the best catch anyone could ever have. Here's a link to Ms. Gregoire's article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/21/psychology-of-lasting-love_n_5339457.html . It's pleasantly engaging. And, it changed my mind about the most important thing in a relationship. Love is important but it has to have romance.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  14. Canaria

Canaria New Member

For a long term relationship and if you are going for the happy ending route, you'll need money. Yeah, money revolves around everything in this world, including relationship too. Love is but a fleeting and fragile dream, and such fairy tale to happen in real life is miracle. You'd need money first to buy your house, then followed by your furniture, electric and water bills... And finally your soul mate to sum it all up for a complete set of a happy family. If you do this backward, backed up with the power of love or romance or stuff, this will most of the time cause your relationship to crumble. Meanwhile, Sex is a fun bonus, really it should just be treated as such.

15. katbinkley

katbinkley New Member

Personally, I think all three are very necessary components of a healthy relationship.

Love might "conquer all", but it's hard to say that in the face of extreme hunger or lack of physical compatibility. There are also different kinds of love, and I feel like you should make sure you're romantically in love with someone before you begin a relationship with them, and that you're as in love with them as they are with you, because if either of those things isn't the case, it's just going to hurt more in the end.

Sex is important for a healthy relationship, not only for the physical aspects but because of the psychological effects on both partners in the relationship. Sex helps you to feel closer to the other person, as well as make you feel like your pleasure is important to the other person (as long as both parties are being pleased).

Money is necessary for all aspects of human life, especially a relationship. You need money in order to not only provide for yourself, but also to show affection to the other person in the relationship. Think about the loving things you couldn't provide for your loved one without money (things as simple as flowers or chocolates on Valentine's Day, or consider the possibility of being in a long-distance relationship. You need gas money, or airfare, etc.)

16. Gabe

Gabe New Member

Love all the way

17. Airra Monica Brutas

Airra Monica Brutas New Member

If I read this question a few years ago, I would say money. But now I've grown more mature, I will say love. It may sound cliché but love is gets you money and sex. On the part of money, it doesn't directly get you money but it gives you the mentality to provide for your loved one.

18. IkaBula

IkaBula New Member

I disagre. Love does not get you money at all, or necessarily sex.

I think love is the most important thing though, as without love, respect dies, communication dies, loyalty dies....The relationship dies, really.
    My wife and I would be nowhere without the love we share. Though, I am speaking from experience as in the past we have had our [major] issues that have almost killed us.

19. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

Love is the most important thing in a relationship. Nothing can overcome it. When love is shared between two people, their bond is unbreakable and corruption fails to exist because love leaves no space for that.

Sex and money often cause corruption if there is an addiction, great love or greed for it. Often times it is what holds a relationship together . Since they are weak bonds, the relationship usually falls apart whenever that bond has been broken.

20. marynyokabz

marynyokabz New Member

Sex without love is simply an animated act. Money without love is simply Business. A relationship without love is doomed. Love covers both sex and money, but none of the two can cover love independently. A relationship built om Love lasts even when finances become an issue, but one built on money or sex collapses when crisis come.

A relationship lasts only when built on a strong foundation. period.