IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Music Therapy

Discussion in 'Music' started by ShawNee Fields, Aug 21, 2017.

1. ShawNee Fields

ShawNee Fields New Member

Beautiful, gentle, and very slow music during meditation aligns me with extreme focus and relaxation of my mind and body. Whether it be a Shamanic drum or nature sounds, it's always soothing to tune into the frequency of vibration. Some of us are unaware of how the varying levels of vibrations in music are beneficial and indicators to promote health/wellness.

2. Kings.teomanc

Kings.teomanc New Member

If you've been gifted with the opportunity to watch how mothers take care of babies, you will end up understanding what music does to the soul. Every mother actually knows what their kids wants: bath, cuddle, hungry, fun time etc. So it is in the position of mothers to take care of their kids, likewise for music to the soul.

Music is that beckoning rock that yells come on to me you who is in distress, you with foggy memory, you who is suffering insomnia, you who is looking for a perfect word to express your thoughts, I shall provide a way out.

3. Kelly King

Kelly King New Member

Music therapy can help people who are recovering from a stroke or traumatic brain injury that has damaged the left-brain region responsible for speech. Because singing ability originates in the right side of the brain, people can work around the injury to the left side of their brain by first singing their thoughts and then gradually dropping the melody.

I could remember when my grandma felt sick that led to stroke,the doctor suggested we play her old time musics for her. And she recovered although not completely but atleast it helped.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  4. ShawNee Fields

ShawNee Fields New Member

thank u for liking this discussion.