IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

On-line Education Versus Off-line: What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Education' started by jonathscliq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. jonathscliq

jonathscliq New Member

I, for instance, think that in the nearest future on-line education will be the way to go. That is if it has not started being the case. However, just like all things in life there will be pros and cons as it relates to the subject matter.

I believe the major deciding factor will be how on-line/off-line certifications are viewed or favoured in the labour market. Or so I think.

In your opinion guys, what will these pros and cons be and to what side will the future pendulum swing to? Will it gravitate towards the on-line or the off-line.

2. Sevgi

Sevgi New Member

Even though On-line education might seem more convenient and less stressful for all parties involved, it still lacks the importance of human contact, we should never take for granted how much our it affects our personality and values in life. There are many cases that display how fragile on line education is, some cases become isolated and have no skill to be sociable which can be detrimental to their life.

3. camvee

camvee New Member

There are advantages and disadvantages in online and offline classes. For online classes, the advantages are the students can meet their teachers from across the globe with the help of the Internet that has been widely used for many different purposes. Students get to experience having a class with a foreign teacher and learn from them both general and academic. They can also learn different cultures and share experiences through online education. The disadvantage however, is the Internet. When there is slow Internet connection, there would be interruptions and missed classes. Rescheduling and make up classes are too tedious and it takes a long time for the students to finish a course.

For offline classes, students get to see and interact with their teachers on a daily basis. Be it in the classroom or outside the classroom. It is something most students would need because they can easily go to their teachers when they have questions and if there is a need for them to clarify some things learned in their classes. It also helps in improving visual and auditory learning as students can openly interact without interruptions and missed classes are lesser compare to online classes. The disadvantage however, is the learning materials they teach inside the classroom. There are some schools that are still basing on traditional classroom lessons where students need to use outdated books and lessons. Students are contained into one topic at a time leading them to feel comfortable with the basic learning system.

Education has been continuously evolving nowadays and learning is a continuous process. It is very important for us to take note of the student's needs rather than sticking to our traditional method of teaching. Strategies and techniques should be enhanced so that our students would continue to love learning inside or outside the classroom regardless if our method would involve learning online or offline.

4. Shaguftaa

Shaguftaa New Member

I believe online Education is a better option because:
    1. It is convenient for the students
    2. If the classes are happening from home, parents can monitor their child's studies and see what they are learning.
    3. It stimulates interest in children, because it feels like they're watching TV.
    4. Online Education is also helpful for adults, who don't have to feel embarrassed about learning. They can take one on one classes with the teachers.

5. Deedan19

Deedan19 New Member

It depends on the person, not everyone will embrace both method of education.

For me, I prefer offline education to on-line education because with offline education you can interact with people and also share common knowledge together with one another.

Unlike offline, on-line can make you lazy and not social, it can also limit your chances of getting the best out of yourself.

6. butterflow

butterflow New Member

The good thing about online education is the fact that one can study at anytime or anyplace during the day. I myself have done various online courses that have all been of great help to me, especially with regards to work. I have even used various online courses and websites to teach myself French. Quite honestly though, it does require a great amount of self motivation.

Like others have said, it does lack the social aspect of being amongst other people. In a class setting you at least have the opportunity to ask the teacher any, or to compare notes or ideas with your peers.

7. elenaalcongerardo

elenaalcongerardo New Member

It depends on the person. Some people want it offline because it's not that expensive. Most online teaching now are very expensive. Of course you will pay a huge amount of money because Online is more convenient. It has many advantages. Rich people can afford online teaching.

However for me, offline is still better. It's a different experience when you got face to face to your professors. And you can gain new friends too.
    You can experience some occasions too like graduation and JS promenade. It's still different if you have active social life.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017