IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Online Romance

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Joseph Martinez, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Joseph Martinez

Joseph Martinez New Member

Have you ever met a person online that might have the qualities you're looking for in a relationship? Have you been in an online romance with someone and is it worth it?

2. elle48

elle48 New Member

My friend once referred me to an online dating site hoping that i would meet "The One" there. It seemed anyway that i wouldn't meet him in my own country. So for fun, but with quite an apprehension, we signed up to this site. After a week, after screening profiles and messages, someone who looked good, wrote an interesting message, came my way! To make the story short, we began chatting at Skype and really had a great time getting to know each other.

But as months went by, reality got in the way. We struggled with cultural differences, insecurities, age gap ( he was 7 years younger than I ) and we just fell apart. But was it worth it? I guess, definitely YES! The highs and lows that I encountered in that relationship absolutely helped me how to deal with my own emotions given that situation.

3. Muobo Isivwe

Muobo Isivwe New Member

I shy away from online romance as I have seen too many that went south. Once, a guy tried hitting on me on Facebook. He had such great qualities and was in the same industry as me.

However, my fear of online dating and the risks got to me and I decided not to let things go further.